+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back labour signs???

Hi ladies, what are the signs of back labour? My back has been sore all day. But it seems to come and go. But I cant seem to time it and I cant seem to feel if my uterus is going rock hard. Called the midwives and they said to keep an eye on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My back labours were both characterised by pain in my lower back with each contraction- I could still definitely feel them in the ring. Have you been told your baby is posterior? Both mine were, hence the "back labour".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah all I know is she is head down. She has been moving a lot. So could have moved posterior. My next ob app isnt till next week. I have been trying to time them but I just cant. I am only 34 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It sounds like just good old back pain, if there's no rhyme or reason and it's not coinciding with uterine tightenings and pain and you're only 34 weeks. I found heat packs and warm baths helped a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    My back labours were both characterised by pain in my lower back with each contraction- I could still definitely feel them in the ring. Have you been told your baby is posterior? Both mine were, hence the "back labour".
    Yep, this was my experience too.