+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Angliss, Box Hill or Mercy - what were your experiences?

I have had a baby at the Mercy (Heidlberg) and the Angliss (Ferntree Gully) and had two very different experiences - one good and one not so good. I am ttc currently, and wonder where I will go this time. Was my bad experience at the Angliss a once off? I'm pretty sure I may not be in the catchment area for the Mercy anymore so what are people's experiences with Box Hill? Just interested to hear feedback.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you are already booked in somewhere now, but thought I would reply anyway. I had all 3 of my boys at Box Hill, and I had really positive births with all 3. The midwives were fantastic and I only saw the Drs if I needed to- and the small amount of appointments I had with the drs were fine. I had all 3 through their caseload program. I have to say, I would go back there in a heartbeat if I was to have more kids, especially for the new flash hospital (the new birth baths look amazing).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved the mercy and will be going back if we are fortunate to have a second

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Had both of mine at the Angliss. Both great experiences and would happily have my 3rd there.
    I learned heaps there from the midwives the first time round, and knew a few of them the 2nd time round.
    They were great for support with my 1st, as he went into distress.
    2nd I had an amazing waterbirth.
    I had the same night midwife with both. She is waiting to see me again lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies I ended up booking in to Box Hill. Why not make it the trifecta of eastern public hospitals!? The new birth suites tipped me over in the end. And the fact I spoke to three other women who have recently given birth at the Angliss and had similar experiences to me. I'm looking forward to trying out those big birthing baths they have in every suite!