+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would think most people would have their own car given it is only 3 hours.

I am going to wedding that 5 hours away and everyone except the people coming from the other side of country will be driving there. I don't see it as a big deal at all.

Are you sure everyone is staying at that hotel.
    We aren't staying at suggested hotel for this wedding. They don't cater for large families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for everyones input so far.

We have reserved blocks of rooms at 3 or 4 different hotels / resorts that are within a few minutes to each other. So the bus would need to collect and drop off guests to numerous different resorts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My wedding was about 2/3 hours away from where most people lived (and further for some). They also paid for their own accommodation. I didn't pay for travel and no one expected us to...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We got married 3 hours from where we lived, and the venue was out of the major town. We got accom deals for people at 2 locations, and as they were 2 mins walk from each other, got a bus to stop at one of them. People staying elsewhere were welcome to catch the bus, but had to walk to where the pick up point was.

I didn't want people to drink and drive and taxi's would have taken ages. So as we were expecting people to make their own way to the wedding location and pay for accom, I felt it was the least we could do to let them have fun and not worry about having a skipper or being over the limit.

$800 seems excessive though. I think we had a 40 seater bus do 2 trips for about $300.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our reception venue was about 10 minutes out of town. We hired a bus to take people to and from.

It's up to you, even though everyone had cars, it was nice so that people could drink etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that hired a bus, did u have to get a friend or family to drive it for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We hired a bus, along with a bus driver. We figured most people would want to have a celebratory drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would pay for transport so people could have a drink, considering that people are travelling a fair way to attend and will have accommodation costs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

babycake  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be paying for transport otherwise every car needs to have a designated driver. I know my DH and I would both want to be able to have a champers at a wedding where we went that far, paid for accommodation, etc.

If taxis were easy then I probably wouldn't bother but as they're not, I would def so a bus.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (27-03-2014),Cantwaittobeamun  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a "destination" wedding a couple of hours drive away. We were sent 3 different accommodation deals the bride had sourced. The actual ceremony & reception was held about 20 mins away, there was no accommodation available at the reception, taxis were near impossible to get. The bride arranged a pick up & drop off service from a bus.

Definitely made life a bit easier.