+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Transport for wedding guests

Just wanting dome feedback on the below bubhubbers.

We are getting married 3 hours from where the majority of our wedding guests live and they will all being staying in their own paid for accommodation for the night.

Our ceremony and reception are in the same location, about 15 minutes each way from guests accommodation.

Is it wrong to expect people to find their own way to and from our wedding.

Whenever we have been guests at weddings we have never expected or been offered transport, sometimes 1 hour each way.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it would be nice to hire a bus that will collect guests and drop them off. If you have the $ for it or you could ask your guests to split it all between them, will save them all fighting for taxis at the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would they have their own cars (assuming they drove the 3 hours to their accommodation from where they live)
    I guess its a bit like having a wedding close to where they live, they still need to organise their own transport (drive, taxi, public transport etc)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Somehow I missed the part where they would have their own cars there...either way! Could be nice for them to not have to worry about alcohol and driving but I guess its up to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    For a bus it would be a minimum of $800, just not sure if that is expensive or not. I feel rude asking for people to pay for a bus...

Its in an area where there aren't many taxis either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No...If they want to come to your wedding they can drive themselves there?! You don't need to worry about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finding it hard when it comes to things like that as everyone has different opinions. And i don't want to offend anyone or seem like a scrooge. If we were to pay for everything then it would be one expensive wedding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    No...If they want to come to your wedding they can drive themselves there?! You don't need to worry about that.
    I agree with this. Even if you did organise a bus you would hVe people that wanted to leave at different times that would choose to drive anyway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think it would be a nice gesture to hire a bus if your reception is some distance from the accommodation.

Infact, I think it's a little cheeky to have a destination wedding then hold the reception away from the accommodation.... Unless you pay for transport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We hired a bus for our wedding due to the fact it was so far away from everyone and as a duty of care... I didn't want anyone to have an accident on the way home due to drink driving or fatigue. With our invitations I asked that anyone interested in catching a bus let me know ASAP (we paid for it as we hired the local cricket clubs bus and had a guest that offered to drive it so it only cost a couple of hundred and a bottle of wine). I'm sure if you include a note with your invites saying that you are thinking of hiring transportation for those who would like it, and that there will be a small cost involved most would probably take you up on the offer as it's easier than trying to organise a taxi (which still costs them) or a sober driver.