+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default donors

Hi people,
    I am new to this website so I hope that I am doing the right thing posting a new thread.
    I guess I have to start my story first (sorry but it might be long) and then I need your help please.
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 31-12-09. I was engaged at the time and we did get married on 13-3-10. I lost my hair 2 weeks before the wedding. In January 2010 we decided to do IVF in order to freeze some embryos as I was 37 at the time and the chemo could lead me to an early menopause. We were successful and we froze 4 embryos.
    We then implanted them last year. One was successful but unfortunately miscarried at 9 weeks. All the others weren't a success.
    So now I am doing IVF from scratch. They cancelled my last IVF cycle last week as the eggs weren't growing and now I am doing another cycle.
    But now we need to really decide on whether we are going to go down the egg donor route as I am now 41.
    I have researched lots about this overseas and do know a lot of stuff.
    But I am Filipino and my husband is Australian and he really wants an asian baby.
    Has anyone done this in Bangkok? I already have the doctor that I want to go to but need an agency for the egg donor. I have emailed some people through the internet but I really don't know whether they are who they say they are.
    If anyone has gone down this route, can they please let me know who they used for egg donors. As I said we already have the fertility centre.
    Also if anyone needs any help or advice on other stuff I can help too.
    Really looking forward to hearing from someone.
    Thanks@

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi michdynasty,

yes we are going to Bangkok. Also using a Thai egg donor.
    You can go direct to the clinic 'All ivf' Dr Pisit. Or use an agent.

newlife is a reputable agent with a branch in Thailand with heaps of donors you can see online once you email for the password and select before you go. Also Becoming Parents based in Melbourne- very helpful in answering every enquiry I had. There are other agents, all have their fees and add ons. I've emailed Newlife and they always get back to me. They're on some other forums.
    The good thing is egg donation is not anonymous in Thailand which suits us.
    Hope this helps, best wishes on this exciting journey! Pm me for any further info

3. The Following User Says Thank You to petalsgalore For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks petals, i will look in to newlife

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Petalsgalore,
    thanks for the info. I'm fairly new to this and reading and learning that there are way more options available than I initially thought to get donor eggs makes me so happy. I'm 29 but unable to choose my eggs due to genetic reasons
    The Thai clinic which you mentioned , are the donors Thai or selected from around the world ? And also interns of legal side of things , does it take a a lot to get them sorted ? Would very much appreciate if you could let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    There area lot of groups in aus u can look into also.... There is a lot of info on www.eggdonationaustralia.com.au also a way to advertise to find a donor as there are a lot of donors also on the site.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask who your dr. Is ? As I will be using an agency too but don't think all doctors are willing to use an oversease agency !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Afam,
    im not sure if the clinic direct has Caucasian egg donors. Ringing them is
    Much faster that email some days as they are inundated with enquiries. New life is an agent I know with an office based in Bangkok that has lots of South African and other Caucasian egg donors. Email them for the password to view
    BOTH Thai and Caucasian database. As some of the Thai database contains half American/Thai or half German etc.
    Familiarise yourself with the egg donor fresh cycle process from reading as Asian countries so have a different communication process! They don't answer all your questions so sometimes an agent is a reassuring way to so it all.
    Once you select your donor from a database, basically work out when you'd like to be in Bangkok for a transfer (process is approx 6 weeks). You contact clinic or agent with your day 1 period. And then they email you a schedule where both you and your donors periods will be synced. You start the pill on day 2/3 of that period and the schedule tells you when to stop, when to commence progynova to thicken your lining. You do need a FS to be
    Able to do your lining scans. About 2 scans. I'm with Dr Ong. You only need to find a FS who can so the scans and prescribe you the pill, progynova and others meds. Some ladies use their GP . All FS will do this. You don't need to be doing cycles with your clinic here in Oz. I mean they don't need info on your egg donation as it doesn't affect them. Does that make sense. Monash has no association with Thailand, my FS does only what I need

I would sign an agreement with clinic direct regarding same things in Australia like how long they freeze embryos, costs, who belongs too in likeliness of divorce etc. Agents will have their own. It may mean any further FET cycles must be done through the agency at the agency costs. These are different to going to clinics direct. That is the only legal things.

grooviechick- hi. Yes that's a great place to find a donor but many just can't wait without knowing for a long time. On another site for every 1 photo of a donor advertised, there are like 300 plus hits. I feel there are not enough donors. I congratulate the ladies for donating as they have massive hearts. For others it's a sure thing to go oseas and have a cycle secured and to transfer in little than 6 weeks. Also IP may need an Asian donor due to their heritage and that is rare to find as Asians don't like to give away body parts.

good luck on your journey!pm if you need any info
    Last edited by petalsgalore; 14-04-2014 at 23:28. Reason: Add re legal things