+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default iPad or galaxy tab for Mum?

Can anyone help me decide between the two??

I like that the samsung has the external storage on a micro sd card, but I would like to access iTunes on the tablet which I'm not sure if I can do on the samsung.

Otherwise I'll just be using it for Internet, making some notes and emails.

We have a small galaxy tab for the kids which I don't mind, but not sure if I'd prefer the iPad instead.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I hate "i" products. I have a Samsung and I find it so difficult to use dp's iPhone. We have a Samsung tab and I find it quite usable. I have had a play with an iPad at the shop and found it quite similar to the Samsung. I like that Samsung have a "desktop" section you can put your most used apps on whereas I don't think iPads do. It's all on the one screen.

On the other hand, apps are generally more available for iPad. I think it really depends on whether she has had a Samsung or/and iPhone and which she prefers if she has had both. Personally, I like the Samsung.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can access your iTunes from a samsung, just not your existing apps that you may have on an iPhone.
    But Samsung also have a great App Store (better than apple) but it just means paying twice if you already have a heap of apple ones.

I had an iPad but am switching to samsung.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I like that Samsung have a "desktop" section you can put your most used apps on whereas I don't think iPads do. It's all on the one screen.
    You can group apple apps together. On my phone and iPad i have all my most used in one folder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've used both and find both are great but I love iBooks so I always buy apple these days. I know you have book stores and apps on the Samsung tabs but making all different accounts for each different app is a pain. At least with apple products it's all under iTunes.
    Last edited by LiterallyNoOne; 27-03-2014 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See I'm not someone who needs to have my iPhone synced to my iPod and iPad, just coz I barely have time to play with everything!

I have lots of DVDs that I love and I'd like to upload them from time to time to watch etc (coz abc for kids is always on at my house do I never get to watch stuff!). So I think that's harder to do on an iPad isn't it, because everything has to go thru iTunes right?? Where as if I get the samsung/android then I just upload (we have the software for this already) and then use the external storage, that's an easier process.

I guess I just want to go for the superior product.

I do love my iPhone but i am thinking more the storage issue... Or am I overthinking this???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I don't have any apps on my phone.. So buying them on the tablet isn't really an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    It's like a Holden vs Ford debate. They are both "up there", I think it really depends on preference when it comes to Samsung vs iPad. They are both quality units. Have you got a friend or relative who has one that you can try out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'd go with samsung. We have both here but the galaxy tab is better by far. It's more customisable, external storage, plastic screen so you can drop it and it doesn't break, speakers on the sides, much thinner than an ipad. You've google play on android so there is really no need for itunes. Most apps are available on both platforms.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app