+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have done a number of things. Usually I get spoilt in the morning, lunch with mum & dinner with mil. It works well but its a big day!

Last year MIL was away & we had a BBQ at my house with nana, mum, my sis (who is a mum to 5) and myself (plus all the kids & hubbies) it was PERFECT (except for the fact mil wasn't there )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummy Potato For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014),oozzle  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a relationship with my own mum but more than happy to now spend the afternoon with mil. I still want the morning with just our little family though.

Dh's extended family have on more than 1 occasion seen it (and fathers day) as an excuse to get the whole family together for a big gathering. I like special days to now be spent by ourselves, not preparing food to take and travelling for hours

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mums bday usuLly falls on mothers day. So for me it's not mothers day unless I'm with my mum.

Having said that though, I still have to share it with MIL so it's less of a celebration for me now, in that I don't get to spend my mums birthday with only her.

Doesn't matter though. It's still a nice day for everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately my mum is up there watching over us. I would give anything to have her back and Mother's Day is still very difficult for me after 15yrs without her. I buy flowers for her on Mother's Day and have a good cry.

When she was alive I would spend the morning with her and the afternoon with MIL. Nowadays we take MIL out for lunch.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sure

We have a big extended family morning tea or afternoon tea. Then the rest of the day with our own little family. This year dh is away for mothers day so we will do our little celebration the week later.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    This is my first mothers day and I feel pretty special that I can share that with my mum. MIL is working but will see her before or after

♥me & he = ds 17/9/13♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I have given up having anytime for myself on mothers day.. it's always about both my mum and mil... they don't even care to ask what I'd like to do with my own kids. Same as Fathers day. I am getting to dislike mothers day/fathers day. same story every year. one of them always have to have a tantrum if it doesn't go their way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have no problem 'sharing' Mother's Day with my Mum and MIL. It's a day for Mum's and although I'm now a Mum, so are they, and have been for years so it's only fair.

The only thing that bothers me is that the older you get the more complicated and less relaxing it is. When we were younger my siblings and I would make breakfast for Mum and we'd have a leisurely brunch. Now we have to fit in having time for me and my DD, seeing my Mum and MIL and fitting it in around mine and DH siblings visiting their MIL's and having family time as well. I'd love to find some way to consolidate all the visiting so it could be more relaxing, as it is now, I find it less relaxing than a normal weekend.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Unfortunately my mum is up there watching over us. I would give anything to have her back and Mother's Day is still very difficult for me after 15yrs without her. I buy flowers for her on Mother's Day and have a good cry.

When she was alive I would spend the morning with her and the afternoon with MIL. Nowadays we take MIL out for lunch.
    Mums rock.

I'm sure she's up there watching you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, we usually celebrate with lots of our extended family, so my mum, aunties, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc. I love it and wouldn't change it for the world

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-04-2014)