+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are you happy to share Mothers Day with your mum and MIL?

Hi everyone! Me again!

I've got another idea for an article and I was hoping to get some feedback...

Now that you're a mum how does your Mothers' Day work? How do you fit it around all the other mothers? Your own mum - your partner's mum etc?

What are some ideas for new mums trying to figure this out?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to spend every Mother's Day with my mum but she lives away so not always possible. We do live close to MIL so if she's home we spend it with her too.... The more mums the better lol. I love both my mum and MIL but usually have my sneaky morning time with just my lil family and lunch with the rest of DHs family

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MeeG For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't really feel that Mother's Day is relaxing for me.

My mum is pretty good and she goes to the zoo with my sister and my sisters mum (half sisters) and if my other sister was in perth they'd do the same. They take a picnic and have a great day. The mums relax and the dads take on more for once!

We go to MILs as I feel we need to and it just doesn't feel relaxing. Plus I don't see my mum for Mother's Day. Usually drop around some flowers and a card the day before. Wish I could find a better plan or not go out at all but don't want to offend anyone.

I just want a relaxing day at home! Maybe this year I'll suggest we go out for breakfast then DH takes DS to inlaws and I get to relax!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    This being my first Mother's Day I don't want to share with anyone!

Me + Him = Perfection born
    05/11/13

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CompareTheMeerkat For This Useful Post:

penny92  (27-03-2014),PinkPrint  (27-03-2014),RipperRita  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of 6 kids (and between us we have 18 children), so we try to have a whole family get-together on Mother's Day- either early (brunch) or later (afternoon tea). It's usually just a couple of hours so my mum gets to see everyone and there's plenty of time left in the day to spend with our kids and see the MIL.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before we moved to Oz we would visit mum and MIL on Mother's Day, take cards pressies round etc. I was not a mum then though. Since we had DS it's only ever been DH, DS and I here on Mother's Day as my family were still living overseas. However MIL has now moved out here and Mother's Day happens to fall in her birthday this year so I'm sure we will spend sometime that day with her also. I don't think I mind as it probably won't be ALL day, DH and DS will still be spoiling me and her DH can spoil her as it's her birthday! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be my first Mother's Day. We'll probably just do breakfast or lunch all together for my mum, MIL and myself. That's what we did for Father's Day with FIL and DH last year. DH and I aren't big on these days for ourselves; it's more for our parents. So yes, happy to share the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We spend a meal with my mum. I don't have a mil. So the rest of the day is church and a little bit of family time.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 27-03-2014 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lost my mum in 2008. I'd give anything to spend it with her! Since then it's a hard day for me but my DD1 has always been sensitive to this and tries to spoil me. Even my step kids make sure to give me extra hugs and treats.
    ETA Mil always calls and sends a card, I think she knows it's a hard day for me, she doesn't expect much of us. I wouldn't mind if we saw her on the day.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

MeeG  (27-03-2014),Purple Lily  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love sharing Mothers Day with my Mum! Our whole family goes out together and celebrates with all the Mums in our family.

I'd never leave Mum out of my Mothers Day, she's not too well and has just hit 70 so I'll be making the most of them.

No MIL on the scene which is great, but I always get my DS1 to make or buy something for his Nan.. My younger kids Nan wants nothing to do with them so we don't acknowledge her at all.