+ Reply to Thread

Default Donors

Hi people,
    I am new to this website so I hope that I am doing the right thing posting a new thread.
    I guess I have to start my story first (sorry but it might be long) and then I need your help please.
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 31-12-09. I was engaged at the time and we did get married on 13-3-10. I lost my hair 2 weeks before the wedding. In January 2010 we decided to do IVF in order to freeze some embryos as I was 37 at the time and the chemo could lead me to an early menopause. We were successful and we froze 4 embryos.
    We then implanted them last year. One was successful but unfortunately miscarried at 9 weeks. All the others weren't a success.
    So now I am doing IVF from scratch. They cancelled my last IVF cycle last week as the eggs weren't growing and now I am doing another cycle.
    But now we need to really decide on whether we are going to go down the egg donor route as I am now 41.
    I have researched lots about this overseas and do know a lot of stuff.
    But I am Filipino and my husband is Australian and he really wants an asian baby.
    Has anyone done this in Bangkok? I already have the doctor that I want to go to but need an agency for the egg donor. I have emailed some people through the internet but I really don't know whether they are who they say they are.
    If anyone has gone down this route, can they please let me know who they used for egg donors. As I said we already have the fertility centre.
    Also if anyone needs any help or advice on other stuff I can help too.
    Really looking forward to hearing from someone.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Michdynasty,
    I don't have any personal experience with ED overseas but I do have a good friend who is going through this with a Thai donor via Cathy Sanchez at Thailand Fertility.

She has spoken very highly of the clinic she is dealing with, the professionalism of Cathy and the team and has felt that they have kept her up to date with all developments. If you also pose this question in the egg donation section you might get more input.

Good luck in your quest to become parents and I hope you are successful soon

thanks starfish, i have emailed Cathy so hopefully she can help