+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Gold coast theme parks

(Again, sorry I know I've had a similar thread before).

My question now is what theme parks to choose. My kids are primary school aged, though my 2 youngest are pretty short. I will be only one adult with the three kids, though my friend said she could probably come out with me for one of the days to help.

I can either get passes to Dreamworld, Whitewater World, and the Skypoint thingy, that last until Dec 2014 (not sure if I'd be using them again or not in that timeframe).
    Or, for a slightly cheaper price (only $40 or so cheaper for all of us), I can get passes to Seaworld, Movieworld, and Wet'n'Wild, that last until June 2014 (probably wouldn't use them again). So that's 3 days of fun I guess as compared to 2.

We've already been to the latter ones, though it was a few years ago and only my eldest remembers it. We've never been to Dreamworld/Whitewater world. We were going to go last time we went, because I love tigers, LOL, but my then-husband found out that some of the thrill rides were under maintenance so he refused for all of us to go. Grrrr.

So for those that have been with school aged kids, can you please give me your recommendations? Which passes do you think I should go with? And which parks do you think I'd need a hand with? I've tried to look on the website but it's all too much information to determine at a glance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd do the my fun pass as your getting more value with them being 3 theme parks then just dreamworld and white water world. Plus you can always do dreamworld another time as I've heard they are getting a new thrill ride soon to take it to 10 thrill rides.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smeekyone For This Useful Post:

CMF  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dreamworld - is really good for everyone. Wiggle world is great for young kids, my almost 5 year old still loves going on the boat and tea cups that spin and happy to go on big red Car. Then you have dream works shrek Madagascar Kung fun panda land. Heaps of rides for the older kids, my 9 year old spends most the time there having a ball. DH loves the big thrill rides and I like seeing the tigers and koalas. Last time we went they were fixing up some of the animal part where the kangaroos ans stuff were. But dreamworld is great. And the water park is fun, again my kids love the various kid intended parts. We have dreamworld passes at the moment so we go a bit, it's great.

We had passes to the sea world movie world wet n wild last year, we went a lot. Movie world we found the most boring in regards to the kids. They had a couple of kid rides in the WB land but my kids got bored. The lines for rides were really long so DH wouldn't get to go on the thrill rides as much as liked. Sea world is great for all the animals and the kids area is alright, again, my kids got bored and half the time the rides for kids weren't even going and we went often. The polar bear and dolphins are great though the shows are good. Wet n wild is awesome, if it's not expect lines and every man and his dog there but the lines move fast. It's great fun.

I would pick dreamworld though as it fits it all in the same place. You miss out on the shows and the parade but there are rides for everyone.

It seems like I wrote you a review. Well I have some spare time to morning haha.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

CMF  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd pick dreamworld. We've had all the yrly passes with kids aged teens to tots and I think dreamworld would be best suited. Movieworld has a lot of rides but height restrictions require an adult to accompany the child. Seaworld is good, lots of shows to watch...dolphins, seals and polar bears, penguins and an underwater aquarium and a touch pool but we hardly went to seaward because of its location and terrible traffic jams. The water parks are both fun but we only go to them a few times as its too cold for us lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

CMF  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends if you want big thrill rides or more small kids rides & other attractions?

If I had a bunch of younger school age kids, I'd personally choose the 3 park pass. Don't get me wrong I love Dreamworld but its known best for its thrill rides. You will get more value out of the 3 parks.

Wet n wild is an awesome water park! Great fun day out with the kids! Seaworld is good & my daughter enjoys the touch ponds. They also have this awesome jungle pirate climbing maze - great fun! We live in qld so we do the theme park pass thing yearly.

That's my suggestions!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snooze For This Useful Post:

CMF  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Any other opinions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd get the Dreamworld passes, unless your kids are really into the animals they have at Seaworld.

There's something for everyone at Dreamworld & Whitewater World.