+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Document everything. All meetings, requests, dr visits etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou, I didn't think even think about documenting everything but it's a great idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Since you are only 11 weeks & not showing too much, could you look at some temp work or a part time job closer to home? I was interviewing at 19 weeks; no one could tell I was pregnant and I'm a size 6! There is nothing worse than hating your workplace and being undervalued. Hugs xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whatever you do, you need to put yourself and your baby before anything. Is there any chance you could sit down with your manager and let them know that you feel you are way too stressed and you are concerned for the health of your unborn baby? I not it is more ideal to work for financial reasons, but like the post above, could you look at doing some temp work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    if they make your position redundant then you will get a payout.

You may find you start to feel better as you enter 2nd trimester, and can ride out work for a bit longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will have to look at doing some temp work.
    I sat down with my manager last Friday and let her know how stressed I was and that my doctor thinks the stress is affecting the baby. She acted very concerned. But come Monday she handed over someone who left the company's job to me also and I'm even more swamped than I was before. This lady is a very hard worked in all aspects of her life so I think she doesn't get that not everyone can work like that.
    Has anyone found tempt work hard to come by?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbel you cant have anymore than an 8 week gap between working days either when I worked there I saw so many people denied because of this rule so be careful with that. See your doctor and go on stress leave. By law you should be taking your breaks too and if your employer is stopping you from doing that it is illegal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it was me I would resign and if I needed the money would look for temp work (since you're not planning on returning and they don't offer paid leave anyway).

If you are going to stay I would suggest the following:

A formal meeting with your manager (again) highlighting your concerns, and that although you have already discussed it with her you don't feel she has taken it on board. Rather than leaving it up to her to find a solution though, you need to have some sort of idea of what could make things a bit more manageable for you.

The altered hours is a good one, but could you start earlier and finish earlier to avoid traffic (this is what I do) rather than working less hours?

If not, then you need to get a letter from your Dr saying that for medical reasons he recommends a start and finish time of X and Y until Z date. They would be hard pushed to ignore this!

If you can't or don't do this and just take sick leave, make sure you get a medical certificate for your absences. Although terminating someone for using excessive sick leave us tricky it is not impossible and wouldn't always be deemed unfair. Being pregnant is not sufficient in itself as it's not an illness.

I think you mentioned earlier that you might just start your maternity leave early. You can't actually do that - you're not entitled to the leave until much further in your pregnancy - almost certain it's 34 weeks. So if you left earlier you would be resigning. This isn't a big deal IMO if you're not getting any leave and don't want to return.

You might also feel better in a few weeks so fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be quitting work not starting maternity leave. I have no want to go back there when I just get used.
    And someone suggested that I wouldn't be showing at 11 weeks. I'm only size 8 but unfortunately look 20 weeks pregnant already. Getting harder to hide the bump. Mum even suggested it could be twins, I presume most of it is the dreaded bloat.
    I'm just going to have to continue to stick out this job until the end as much as I can.
    Thank for everyone's responses