+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please make sure you meet the government requirements before leaving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's 10 of the 13 months AND 330 hours. Meaning you can't leave until 6 months pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I think it's 10 of the 13 months AND 330 hours. Meaning you can't leave until 6 months pregnant.
    I remember putting no for that question because was casual and had time off for morning sickness and cold, so the next question was the 500 hours. Any 10 month block doing 500 in that time.
    But yes I would ring centerlink and confirm that you have already qualified before leaving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses. I already meet the requirements in only 3 months of work. Ill ring the government to make sure xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To meet the Paid Parental Leave work test you must have:
    • worked for at least 10 of the 13 months before the birth or adoption of your child, and
    • worked for at least 330 hours in that 10 month period (just over one day a week), with no more than an eight week gap between two consecutive working days
    you need to fulfill these criteria, which you won't if you leave work now.

However, your employer can not treat you unfairly as a result of your pregnancy. if this is happening,contact your union or somebody higher up in the organisation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought you had to work till 3 months prior to birth which I did last.

Me + DH + DS (2) + Bub #2 due July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does working still include fully paid sick leave? For example if I finished at 4 months before the birth due to medical complications I am still eligible? I think this is what happened with me last time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yes, it includes any paid leave- that's how I qualified for DS2.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    This is definitely correct, it's 10 of the previous 13 months AND 330 hours. I'd be looking to last as long as you can and then get signed off for stress leave. Can you drop hours?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea my man and I discussed it tonight and I will try and work as long as I can and just suck it up so to speak.
    He does want me to quit but ultimately even though my salary is dismal it is still better than nothing.
    I have already requested to start early and finish early (only 30mins) but will make a difference on traffic with traveling. That request was rejected. I think part time will prob be rejected also.
    I will just take sick/stress leave day off when I can and if I get fired over too much sick leave than that would prob be unfair dismissal. But I know they are smart and would just make my job redundant like they did with another lady in the office.