+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work is unbearable, can I qualify for paternity leave?

Hi all.
    This is my first post to the forum.

I have a very stressful job which takes 2 hours to drive to work and 2 hours to drive home.
    Since telling my manager I am pregnant she has made my job even busier. They have also made 2 people reduntent and I am not doing their job as well as mine.
    Twice I have had bleeding and cramping, my doctor said I am doing to much and I have told my manager I am SO stressed and struggling to get all my work done. I work overtime everyday and don't have time for a lunch break. I cry almost everyday from the stress.
    I am only 11 weeks pregnant. I can't quit yet. How much longer do I have to work to qualify for paternity leave?
    Thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could you talk to your doctor about going on stress leave?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think about 6 months. Sorry you are having a hard time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pretty sure you can't take workplace maternity leave until 34 weeks. You could organize annual leave before that tho say at 30 weeks if you have enough. And the government paid parental leave you don't get until the birth.
    But like others say you could get letter from gp/ob stating that you would like to take unpaid or earlier workplace leave before 34weeks for medical reasons
    Hope the bleeding is ok. Have you had a scan yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My workplace only has the 12 months unpaid maternity leave. We have decided I won't be going back once the baby is born as it is too far to work and the pay is dismal.
    I will be doing the paternity leave from the government once I have the baby.
    Thanks for the replies. Bleeding comes and goes. My last scan was 2 weeks ago and baby was fine. My next scan is in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Take sick leave. Prob easiest option I think op. Get dr to sign you off for stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went on maternity leave early in my pregnancy...all I needed was a Dr certificate stating I was pregnant, filled out the forms and was approved. I guess it depends where you work and work contract agreements?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any contract at all . I work for a small company.
    I presume I can prob take unpaid maternity leave at any time. And then once the baby is born I can get the paternity leave from the government.
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't need this stress at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so for the paid parental leave you need to work at least one day a week over a ten month period in the 13 months before due date and done 330 hours?
    If you leave earlier, and it sounds like you will, then you can put no for that question
    The next question is, have you done 500 hours in any ten month block in the 13 months before due date? I doesn't matter if you have had more than a week off for this question, just as long as a total of 500 hours has been done.
    So I would say yes to that question because I bet you have already done 500 hours. I had has already done this much 2 months before even getting pregnant.
    Hope this makes sense. Looks like you could leave any time from now on then because you should qualify for ppl with the 500 hours rule

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Argh travel sucks! I travel over 2 hours to work. We are currently ttc our 2nd and I'm dreading the idea of travel in the first trimester. Just a thought for you, 2nd trimester I found much better in terms if exhaustion but with that kind of travel it's still going to be exhausting.

With DS I finished at 26 weeks. I took until 34 weeks as sick leave and then maternity leave kicked in at 34 week. I got government ppl when DS was born. Check how much sick leave you have and check whether you work place will grant you early maternity leave based on medical reasons, lots will do this.

Welcome me to bubhub!