+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thought I'd reply and update.

Well, It's now December and I still haven't had a period! I had my operation in July (2nd) and I bled from that day until the 20th July. Since then I've had nothing.

I'm wondering if it's now time to head back to the GP and ask for the hormone tests and double check of the thyroid they mentioned about a month ago when I told the GP about my lack of period after TL and D&C... I might do that just in case something is going on. I've also been insanely stressed out and never been off hormonal contraceptives unless trying to conceive so this is the longest time my body has gone with no chemical hormones...

I mean if this is normal, then I'm ok with it, but from what I've read... It's not quite typical, as you'd still get a period after both a tubal ligation and d and c. I'm petrified of going back to the gynaecologist just in case he wants to do another d&c or lap to check out what's going on. He wasn't gentle and healing after the operation absolutely sucked! Not to mention the weight I've stacked on since that time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tubal ligation.

So, I think I've finally got my first period after D&C and TL!

Owch! After 5 months of not having it. It's kicking my butt. Been having massive headaches and stomach cramps and my whole body is aching

Eta - (next day)
    I thought wrong still just brown spotting... Coming and going when wiping wish it would just come and put me out my misery!
    Last edited by LysnDan; 19-12-2014 at 11:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To update. Ended up with a period. I don't think mine will be regular for quite some time. I was on hormonal contraception since I was on my early teens, and off it only to conceive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I totally forgot to respond to you.
    Bugger about the first one being so painful. Can you remember what you periods were like before you started contraceptive?
    How are you scars healing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember if they were ever this bad. I don't think they were but I know I had about 2/3 days of heavy clotting and I was really irregular. So it looks as if that's how it's going to be from now on.

Still don't regret my decision, like people seem to think I would have by now! 6 months on and it's one of the best things that has happened health wise for me. Given me so much more of my life back! Just knowing that I'm relatively safe if condoms break etc. If I ever have s.ex again. Lol

As for my scars, my belly button scar was the worst taking ages to close and has now got an ugly keloid scar on it! Oh well! My other incision healed well. Turns out I needed 3 instead of the usual 2 ports! My belly button had 2 one across and one going up, that looked like one... Then one on my left side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lysndan.
    How are things going now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaandshaun View Post
    Hey lysndan.
    How are things going now?
    Hi Lisa
    Things are going well have a pretty crazy cycle now but apart from that all is well.

Still got keloid scarring but all healed now!

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, going pretty well here. Periods are still a little heavy for the first two days but other than that it's all pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been in agony today very crappy and heavy this month!
    Do you get leg/muscle aches before your period comes? Ouch!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argg yes I do. I am having my period now so that combined with the worlds worse head cold and a non sleeping 23 month old makes for a very cranky mumma.

I found having magnesium at night helped me and rubbing my calf muscles with a peppermint based oil helped.