+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    13

    Default Tubal ligation.

    Well I have done it. Seen my gyno and booked in for a tubal ligation procedure.
    Expected to wait awhile, but will go in on the 8th april.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked
    254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go Hun?

    I've just got my referral. Did you have to beg for it? Or did they just agree?

    I'm 27 in June and have a fair few issues with my health so hoping they will do it for me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    13
    Hey. Went well. In at 8am then discarged at 2.30pm
    No I didnt have beg. Just said we are done having babies. Both my pregnancies were crappy ones and my ob knew that.
    Sore but not in agony. More discomfort. And sore from the gas they use to inflate the body with.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaandshaun View Post
    Hey. Went well. In at 8am then discarged at 2.30pm
    No I didnt have beg. Just said we are done having babies. Both my pregnancies were crappy ones and my ob knew that.
    Sore but not in agony. More discomfort. And sore from the gas they use to inflate the body with.
    If you don't mind me asking your age and how many children? I'm 23 I have 4 children and my partner has 2 with me and 2 previous. Our 2 together have been nightmares through pregnancy and in the first year. I'm most definitely done as is my partner his 34 and not keen on kids love the 2 we have but definitely couldn't deal with more.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    13
    Hi, I have just turned 30 and have two children. A 4yo girl and a 1yo boy. I have had two horrible pregnancies and have high blood pressure, which the doctors hate me being on the contraceptive pill with. I simply said we were done and I don't think my body could cope with another pregnancy. I also said that god forbid should something happen to one of my children I would not want to replace them.
    I mentioned that we had talked about tubal ligation as well as hubby getting a vasectomy which he was booked in to do but felt uncomfortable going thru with the procedure. And I respected his decision.

    I thought I was going to have to wait months to get it done but it was only two weeks between seeing the ob and getting the procedure done!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisaandshaun For This Useful Post:

    LiterallyNoOne  (09-04-2014),monnie24  (09-04-2014)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,347
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    If you don't mind me asking your age and how many children? I'm 23 I have 4 children and my partner has 2 with me and 2 previous. Our 2 together have been nightmares through pregnancy and in the first year. I'm most definitely done as is my partner his 34 and not keen on kids love the 2 we have but definitely couldn't deal with more.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Your in SA arent you? Sorry if im wrong. I had my tubes done with ds. I was private they refused to do it because of my age (23). Both pregnancies ive had seizures I switched to flinders they didit during my section. It is easier for your hubby to go. Mine still is.

    Its higher success rate after preg. I don't have pain but I havent had a peeiod yet lol apparently they are worse!

    Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,347
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaandshaun View Post
    Hi, I have just turned 30 and have two children. A 4yo girl and a 1yo boy. I have had two horrible pregnancies and have high blood pressure, which the doctors hate me being on the contraceptive pill with. I simply said we were done and I don't think my body could cope with another pregnancy. I also said that god forbid should something happen to one of my children I would not want to replace them.
    I mentioned that we had talked about tubal ligation as well as hubby getting a vasectomy which he was booked in to do but felt uncomfortable going thru with the procedure. And I respected his decision.

    I thought I was going to have to wait months to get it done but it was only two weeks between seeing the ob and getting the procedure done!
    That's fantastic. Hubby wants to because he wants to 100% make sure we don't make another baby LOL. Idiot. Hope the pain eases soon and remember to rest x

    Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Your in SA arent you? Sorry if im wrong. I had my tubes done with ds. I was private they refused to do it because of my age (23). Both pregnancies ive had seizures I switched to flinders they didit during my section. It is easier for your hubby to go. Mine still is.

    Its higher success rate after preg. I don't have pain but I havent had a peeiod yet lol apparently they are worse!

    Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My partner won't do it sadly. I'm quite happy to have the procedure just need to find the right doctor I do know that if me and partner separate I'm not interested in having children any body else one day and I definitely would nor want to replace any of the children I have should something happen to them. Im pretty desperate to get it done asap as all contraceptives I've used in the past have caused horrible migraines and monthly pains along with adult acne and weight gain.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,347
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you have phi

    Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Do you have phi

    Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Sorry what's a phi?

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. Tubal ligation.
    By lisaandshaun in forum Contraception issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:15
  2. Tubal ligation
    By october in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 10:40
  3. Any one had a tubal ligation?
    By loislane2010 in forum General Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2013, 23:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!