Closed Thread
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lister. .. you cant be covered for it.by insurance so you just say you are going for a holiday. There is not much they could do to damage you or your partner for this procedure. Very different to a full blow IVF cycle.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

lister  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbowchaser. Yes, that's true. We've done almost 15 embryo transfers here in Aus without a hitch. But I imagine though that if something happens the insurance companies are the first to look into your personal business to see if they can get out paying you! Fingers crossed we have an incident free trip to Cape Town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen , sorry for your news.... Hope you have plan to move next already....xx

sun flower..... Congrats..... So happy for you..... May your dream of mother hood be true and bless full for you....xx

mrs erin... Great number....

afm, thanks for all you lovelies here who help me out in every hurdle....however time is not with us. Just reached back home last nite had my hpt of digital color blue and. It came not pregnant... Then went of beta and it's 0.100 which is again negitive.... DH still want to hold hope and ask me for second beta on Sunday but I see no point..... I m still feeling something going inside my abdomen area... May be its due to medication I was on.... Do you gals recommend to continue with my injection of stop all madication.

in shock... Dono what to to do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear of your BFN Biba Jani.
    I'm not sure re meds, but if it makes you feel happier, a few more days of jabbing won't hurt in the long run.
    Everything crossed that you will get your precious baby soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fab numbers MrsErin, have a rugby team there for sure

Wishmeluck, henry is adorable. Sorry to hear about the reflux and hope this eases for him soon and for Benjamin, Rainbowchaser.

Biba, so sorry to hear of your negative it is heartbreaking after all that effort to get there and praying for your little miracle very soon. Sending lots of love to recent BFN's and saying prayers to the fertility Gods for you all.

Lister, it wasn't until we were a couple of days into our first week that I asked hubby about insurance and realised we forgot to take any out I would go with rainbow, they would need to prove a holiday was not your main reason for your trip and fingers crossed all will be ok anyway. GL with your upcoming transfer.

Mardicharli, thanks for thinking of me we had some more good news today, beta had more than doubled 376 - 911 IU/l. Still cannot believe it though.
    Last edited by Sunflower11; 07-06-2014 at 00:10. Reason: Silly auto correct

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

lister  (07-06-2014),wishmeluck  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I'm new to this forum. I am considering using a donor egg as was going to go down the IVF path due to my partner having low sperm count after vasectomy reversal (due to former marriage of which he has two children), only to find out I have low ovarian reserve. My doctor is giving me "one last go" on the pill for six weeks but he has worded me up that if this doesn't work I should consider egg donation and specifically said Cape Fertility.
    I'm still quite overwhelmed and in fairness grieving what I thought I would have but will most likely need to go another path.
    I'm curious to hear how long it took people to process this before being ready to more forward with Donor Egg.
    Also any recommendations on the Donor Agencies?
    Many thanks to you all.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshootingstar View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm new to this forum. I am considering using a donor egg as was going to go down the IVF path due to my partner having low sperm count after vasectomy reversal (due to former marriage of which he has two children), only to find out I have low ovarian reserve. My doctor is giving me "one last go" on the pill for six weeks but he has worded me up that if this doesn't work I should consider egg donation and specifically said Cape Fertility.
    I'm still quite overwhelmed and in fairness grieving what I thought I would have but will most likely need to go another path.
    I'm curious to hear how long it took people to process this before being ready to more forward with Donor Egg.
    Also any recommendations on the Donor Agencies?
    Many thanks to you all.
    xx
    Hi pinkshootingstar glad you found us here (I'm the same sunflower from pink pad/babybump app). The girls here are amazing and a wonderful source of information and support.
    It took me 7 OE IVF goes over 2 1/2 years before venturing down the DE route in CT (hubby is azoospermia and needs TESA/TESE, coupled with age and some minor immunology issues), but after just receiving my BFP this week I wish i had moved onto DE sooner. Everyone is different and you just have to do what is right for you and when, I just knew after our last cycle that that was it and time to move on. All the very best with this cycle but we are all here and can highly recommend CT, CFC if/when you are ready. The CFC website has links to donor agencies they are affiliated with and you can register with them and browse donors and ideally will go with the agency whom your ideal donor is with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pinkshootingstar.....are you saying you haven't done IVF / ISCI at all? I would have thought you would want to try that first, even with low ovarian reserve. However, I so agree with Sunflower.... we did 8 full IVF stim cycles with my OE, before we moved onto DE. We needed to do that many, to try everything that was possible and be able to move on. Now that we have moved onto DE, I wished we could have got to that point much earlier, as it's giving us our best chance (even though DE #1 didn't work). But it's so necessary to just take each step at a time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I am having a WTF moment. I just got the day 3 update and apparently we now have 23 embryos, where on day 1 we had 21. It seems that 2 that didn't look to have fertilised have caught up and the others have kept going too.

Surely there has to be a bub or 2 for us amongst these right!? It was such a hard slog to get to this point. I am so incredibly grateful to this donor. There are no words for how life changing this is for us.

Welcome to the newbies and hello to everyone else.

X

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014),thembs  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin... that's so exciting. They have once or twice said they would keeps some eggs a bit longer to see if they do anything, but they never do, but there-you-go, it does happen. That's absolutely fabulous - 23 embryos on day 3!!! I'm quite astounded at that. Did they tell you what the cell gradings were like? Can't wait to hear what they're like on day 5. Fantastic news xx