Closed Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Bertie, sorry to see its a bfn for you. Everything looked promising! I hope that your frosties might be the answer.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie, I sincerely hope it works for you with your sisters eggs. I too had high hopes with my sister as she had 3 children and her last was born 2 years prior to her donating for us so I saw this as a good sign. The first cycle we transferred a text book perfect blastocyst and were given great odds, but not to be! It is hard to move on from your own genes (my sister and I are peas in a pod) but I could not keep trying even though she would have done it again and again for us. She is amazing!

At the end of the day younger eggs worked for us and we are so blessed and grateful that we have this opportunity.

I have my fingers crossed that one of those frozen embryos will be the one

2WW Ladies - all the best may your dreams come true
    Last edited by January; 25-05-2014 at 19:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,
    I know it's been awhile since I checked in and apologise for not keeping up with personals. It has been best for me to shy away from the boards while we repair and heal from our failed cycle.

I do however have a question for all those who have been through the process and used Gestone. I ceased Gestone when we got our BFN.

Since that time I have continued to have hard lumps and significant itching where the injection sites were. If I scratch when it's itchy , welts develop. (Sorry if it's TMI)
    The obvious bruising disappeared but the skin has remained discoloured (similar to bruising). Is this normal ? An allergic reaction ? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Blinky,
    Yes I have the discolouration where the injections went and also sore lumps. Mind you I have only been off them for 7 days. No welts though.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - sorry your cycle didn't work. The hard lumps eventually go but the welts sound like an allergic reaction. Go to your GP. I would also email CFC and see what they say as they have the most experience with this injection. Also stop scratching if possible!
    Plimpy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Plimpy For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - I am so sorry hun. I know you had high hopes for this cycle. Dont give up - you have 3 frosties and you have a back up plan even if that doesn't work.

Good luck to all the ladies in Cape Town and on their 2WW.

This gestone sounds bloody scary. It sounds like pretty strong stuff.

AFM - we are just about there. I have had all my tests done. We have counselling this week and DH needs to get his semen test then it is all systems go.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (26-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (26-05-2014),Sunflower11  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Bertie - I am so sorry hun. I know you had high hopes for this cycle. Dont give up - you have 3 frosties and you have a back up plan even if that doesn't work.

Good luck to all the ladies in Cape Town and on their 2WW.

This gestone sounds bloody scary. It sounds like pretty strong stuff.

AFM - we are just about there. I have had all my tests done. We have counselling this week and DH needs to get his semen test then it is all systems go.
    It's not that bad Luca, I found the messiness of Crinone worse, it's the best way to get an even and consistent dose of progesterone. Your bum just hurts a bit and is lumpy for a while.
    Glad to hear things are moving along for you! Very exciting! Isn't it good to be feeling so positive about ttc again?
    Mrserin hope you're having a fab time on your pre-cycle holiday in SA.
    How are the other girls going who are currently over there?

AFM we had our 10 week scan last week and all looking good - saw the peanut busting some moves in there which was a bit surreal!
    Have my first pregnancy related workshop at the hospital tonight... I feel like I'll be the oldest one in there!

Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (27-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (26-05-2014),Sunflower11  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca ,
    I would have to agree with Emski.... Despite my concern with the reaction. If a BFP had resulted I would put up with ANY reaction over crinone. I probably find it more frustrating because it is a sore reminder of the failure (literally)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski... that's so exciting about your latest scan. Good luck for the hospital visit tonight - that's such an exciting milestone too xx

Thanks everyone for thinking about me. Unfortunately, it's officially a BFN, as expected.

I got the nurse to also test my TSH level and it's gone down to 0.7. Sounds good (since the aim is to be between 1-2) but considering 5 weeks ago it was 5.4, then 3 weeks ago 12.4 and now 0.7, it definitely sounds like something that I need to get stabilised before doing an FET.

First available appointment for FS is in 3 weeks time, and first available appointment for Dr M is 5 weeks. I asked to go on both cancellation lists, as really don't want to wait for either that long. Thinking of sending them both emails, explaining what else I want tested, and what meds I'm thinking of doing next. Also going to make an appointment for my endocrinologist tomorrow, though usually he's months in advance too!

On a side note, this afternoon's nurse, mentioned that Prof I is now also prescribing Prednisolone for immune issues (along with aspirin and Clexane), so it's interesting that he's coming over to this belief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - sorry that the BFN is now confirmed. You sound like one determined lady so I am sure you're dreams will come true. Good luck with your treatment and next cycle

Blinky76 - how are you? I have been thinking of you and DH and hope you are ok. Last year it took months and months for the swelling and bruising to go. I did not have any welts though so probably you should get this checked.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-05-2014)