Closed Thread
Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    January, MrsErin thank you for your words of encouragement. Agree dr LR is fab so will do what he thinks is best.

Babi, hope your appointment went well today and your out enjoying the sunshine.

MGC, really hope your BT on Monday proves today's POAS wrong.

DJshears, all the very best to you, so great to see treatment is going well. Your strength and spirit is amazing.

Afm, been taking in all your wonderful recommendations and had a fab dinner at the pot luck club Wednesday night (thought of you Emski as we tried to get into Testkitchen but they were fully booked), followed by a yummy lunch in the sun at blues cafe Camps bay then a glass of Moët ($12 bargain) to watch the sunset from alba lounge V&A yesterday and just home from a scrummy lunch at harbour house, Kalk bay.
    Back to the clinic tomorrow morning to see how our little embabies are doing. Definitely will be returning with a few extra kilos of sorts Xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (24-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC, sending you positive thoughts and all the luck in the world for your test!!!

Sunflower, glad to hear that you are enjoying what Cape Town has to offer! Its a beautiful place, isnt it?!

Biba, how was your appt at the clinic?

AFM... we are flying back to Sydney tomorrow with BT scheduled on Tuesday. After i read what Helen has to take for her cycle i am a bit worried. I only have 1 gestone injection per day and 6 tablets of progynova and Elevit ( but it really does not count as its just vitamins). I worry that i do not have enough progesterone in my body to support pregnancy and noone checked my progesterone level before transfer ( they do it at Genea, and if its not enough they add some pessaries)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (25-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014),Sunflower11  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girlfromsydney,
    I'm only taking one gestone per day - the clexane is for blood.
    You are on the right amount. I only bought extra for further down the track.

AFM - sorry I've been slack. We.ve not got the best internet in dubai - which is a surprise as we're at the sheraton for gods sake!

I'm heading to the uk tomorrow instead of heading home, but I have 4 hours to kill after waving DH Off back to Sydney. Hopefully the emirates lounge has better connectivity???
    I'll post more then.
    Love and hugs to all xxxxxx

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helonweels For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (25-05-2014),Biba jani  (24-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (24-05-2014),Sunflower11  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ - welcome back hun! I know you are not sure what the future holds re going to CT again but it's lovely to have you back. I have been thinking of you heaps and glad that your treatment is going well. Praying the second biopsy is also clear

Sunflower11 - I got really envious when I read where you have been dining. Isn't it just fabulous I would go back for a holiday in a heartbeat. Best of luck today

MGC Bertie - I hope the POAS is wrong. I also did 2 cycles with my sister and was really devastated when they did not work. She was 37 at the time and probably that is why it did not work. All the best for your BT

Biba Jani - So glad you finally got to CT after all your visa hurdles. May it be smooth sailing from now on for you

GirlFromSydney - My protocol is very simple 2 x 2mg progynova twice per day, 1 Gestone now pessaries, Aspirin and Elevit.

The Gestone is excellent so your progesterone levels should be great. My levels are being monitored weekly here by my FS until I am 12 weeks. They have been perfect even after the transition to pessaries. I would recommend monitoring on your return for piece of mind.

Helonweels - safe travels and good luck for your BT

AFM - All day morning sickness and fatigue. Can't wait for it to ease otherwise all good here. Have a lovely weekend everyone
    Last edited by January; 24-05-2014 at 09:06.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (25-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014),Sunflower11  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - I am sending you sticky dust baby vibes hoping your blood test will turn everything around and be a big fat BFP

I am just starting to look through all the accommodations available. Wonderful women in your 2 ww wait could you tell me (if you don't mind) what exact hotel or apt you are staying in and if you would recommend it? Or anyone else who has visited and would be so kind. There are soooo many to chose from it would be nice to have some personal recommendations. For me unfortunately a 5 star hotel is out of the question, trying to find something for $100 a night or less...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby dreamer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi baby dreamer,
    I stated at a lovely apartment on ocean view drive at green point. If you google apartments for rent (or check out airbnb.co.za), there are lots to choose from. Our place was around $70 per night - low season... But it more than doubles in high season.. It was a great spot with all mod cons (free wifi too, which even some of the big hotels charge extra for).
    Happy to pass on contact deets via PM. Just kept me know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Helonweels For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am FREAKING OUT! Leaving for airport in 1.5 hours and I've got butterflies big time.

Anyway, all I can do is hope for the best now.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Helonwheels and January for giving me peace of mind about gestone! I will be monitoring my progesterone level just to be sure! I did do clexane injections last two protocols, not this one, so i am freaking out how i am going to survive this long flight ( we are leaving today)

Helonwheels, Emirates lounge in Dubai is great and Internet is good too! I have been there last September.

baby dreamer, we are staying in penthouse at Bickley Terraces at Sea point ( we hired a car to get around the place) free wi-fi, free breakfast, free parking. We paid $1200 au dollars for 14 nights. No sure what type of quality other appartments in the complex, our penthouse was ok and it ticked all the boxes for us and i also like when roo is spacios.

MrsErin, safe travels, good luck!

Hi everyone!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a good flight Mrserin and GFS. I too am on 1x gestone, 2x2mg AM/PM prog, elevit multi, extra folinic acid for my MTHFR and clexane/prednisolone for NKC so all ok. Do not stress about the clexane I'm sure they would have suggested it if concerned. Just drink lots of water on the flight and walk around a bit. Everything crossed for Tuesday for you.

Helonweels, sending hugs to you for next week lovely.

Hope all the 2ww are doing ok. I will be joining you Monday, actually all 6 of ours ended up fertilising and 4 today, were looking excellent. Still feeling a little nervous as in the past we have had gd day 3 results with a big drop off at day 5.

Arghhh the wait, more yummy food for me Thinking of you wonderful ladies and wishing you a lovely weekend. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies for all your lovely thoughts. Todays HPT on 10dp5dt was also BFN, so fairly resigned now. I have the slightest hope that Monday might say something different, but fairly "over" it now.

January.... I think that's just what I needed to hear. My dear sister is 39, but super fit and healthy, and has been all her life. Certainly her eggs were much better than all of mine from 8 cycles put together, so we all had such positive hopes that it was going to work. Now it hasn't, I have serious doubts that her 3 frosties will work, though we will try these before heading to SA for a younger donor. I'm so glad to read your story, as it gives me some additional hope that not all hope is lost yet. Thanks for that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

January  (25-05-2014)