Closed Thread
Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby dreamer know those feelings but is nice to be moving froward again.

Babi jani, hope the rest is smooth sailing for you. Everyone in the clinic has been lovely so you are in good hands now.

KLM, hope you hear soon I would pay extra in this process if it came with a patience button It definitely doesn't get easier.

AFM, feeling a little flat as we only got 6 eggs and not sure if all these are mature and will be ICSI'd. At this stage we are booked for a 3 day transfer on Saturday. A little disappointed as in 5/7 of my own egg cycles I got more than this, I know these are younger but there is still fall off to be expected Trying to keep positive and pray we get some fertilised.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunflower, every time when i feel down about the number of eggs, embryos etc, i keep telling myself- you only need 1 strong embyo to make a baby! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! How old is your donor?

ladies, who are on 2ww- are you planning to do HPT?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping in to send Sunflower11 a big hug

I know it is upsetting but please remember that they are young eggs. We only had 2 good day 3 embryos and look at me now. I had lost all hope, particularly as we had to resort to the egg bank for these as my original donor triggered at the wrong time.

It may be worth asking about the egg bank, however there could be issues with where your lining is at now. I know I queried having a second batch thawed when my first batch was not looking good and it was too late. Luckily there was one super star embryo.

All the best I am thinking of you
    Last edited by January; 22-05-2014 at 09:46.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks GFS and January, I know it's quality over quantity but also a numbers game so like everyone more with frosties is always the dream.

GFS, my donor is 30 so a little older but 3/5 of previous cycles have led to babies including a set of twins. Though wondering now if the two failed cycles may have been her last 2 before us, did not think to ask this as she ticked so many boxes we got excited when we saw her.

January, you do give me hope, though I wish you did not have to have gone through all the stress you did. I'm not sure if the egg bank is good for us as we need to know our donor is Cystic Fybrosis free which is not a standard test. Unless we can do PGD testing before transfer?

We've just had the call and 4 have fertilised so us with Dr LR will make a call on Saturday if we do a 3 or 5 day transfer. I'm now thinking we push for 5 no matter what as if they aren't strong enough to make day 5 I'm not sure I want to put an iffy embryo back and pump myself with all the drugs just to see another negative.

Any thoughts out there on day 3 over 5?
    January, do you mind me asking on your choice for day 3?

Babi, hope you've arrived ok.

mrserin, not long now.

To everyone this is one bl oo dy tough journey xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunflower, I have everything crossed for you. I hope some of your embryos make it to 5 day. When I was cycling with my own eggs they aimed for day 5 if there were 4 or more fertilised.

Whilst I always aimed for day 5, I've heard of plenty of people being successful with 3 day embryos! It can definitely work! I believe that if they can implant they will, whether they are day3 or day5.

Yes, not long for us. Fly out on Saturday but we're holidaying for a week before we get to CT.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunflower11, we did not have a choice of day 5 as there were only 2 good ones at day 3. I suppose I could have insisted that they leave them until day 5 and maybe neither would have survived or maybe they both would have been blasts, but I will never know. You have a great Doctor, I would be guided by him, he is fantastic. I know how you must be feeling as both my trips to Capetown ended with day 3 transfers and nothing to freeze. I had read so many stories of others with day 5 transfers and some to freeze and I was really deflated on both occasions. Having said that I got pregnant both times after day 3 transfers (1st was a chemical pregnancy).

When I went in to see the Doctor before transfer I was very much feeling 'what is the point?' He looked at me with a smile and showed us our embryos, and said one in particular was excellent and that I had a very good chance. He was right!

I coped so much better on the 2nd trip as DH and I had decided to freeze sperm and return asap should it not work. Having a back up plan helped a lot.

Lots of love and babydust to you
    Last edited by January; 22-05-2014 at 20:02.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (23-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (23-05-2014),Sunflower11  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

we are in Cape Town finally. Thanks Helen , sunflower, and girl from Sydney, I got a little dairy for myself to and following the method which u recommended. Thanks again.

sun flower, everything cross for your embies to get giggy wiggy and become reason to make your dream come through... All the best wishes...

Thanks to all who wished us well... First appointment tomorrow.... Nervous and excited at same time...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Lovely lovely lovely....January!!!! So happy for you. Cheering you on from the sidelines and always in my thoughts. xxx

Biba... hoping your time in CT is amazing and that dreams come true.

JodieW...I caught up on some posts and am sending you a big hug ... sigh xxx

AFM... Finished chemotherapy and last week received the report that no leukaemia was found in my bone marrow biopsy but not a great sample and am having another one in a couple of months. Browsed the donors... brave enough to write here but totally unsure what lies ahead.

Beautiful ladies... so brave and determined and deserving of admiration. Hoping babydust sprinkles everywhere xxxx

Donna

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (24-05-2014),Biba jani  (24-05-2014),emski72  (23-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (23-05-2014),January  (24-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-05-2014),Sunflower11  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJShears.... thank you so much for filling us in on how you are. You are such a brave person, and I've wondered about you from time to time. Glad things are looking up, and you're considering donors. Best of luck.

AFM.... unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday.

We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane (this is the third time using Dr M's protocol). It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow - trying to think positive :-))
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 23-05-2014 at 23:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJShears, glad to hear how are doing. Keep up your positive spirit!

So sorry to hear MGC Bertie. Hope the blood test tells a different story. Glad you have some left to fall back on but yes, see what they can do to investigate reasons. Big hugs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2014)