Closed Thread
Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your words of support re Twin B. Just had a follow up scan and confirmed that Twin B is not meant to be.

I am however very pleased to report that Twin A is perfect with a heart beat of 164, little arms and legs and a spine. So totally thrilled and feeling very lucky so far.

Have a great day everyone

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (16-05-2014),Biba jani  (16-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - Congratulations that is such good news about twin A. I am sorry about twin B.

Helen - I am really sorry to hear about your grandfather. Good luck for your transfer on Monday.

Esperenza - I am so sorry for your BFN. I know you will find the strength to get back on the bandwagon. What are the odds - 90% after 2 or 3 with DE? So your BFP must be coming soon......

Em - wow are you 10 weeks! My that has gone fast. You are nearly on the home run.

MrsErin - so glad you have your treatment plan and can move forward now.

MGCBertie - congrats on being PUPO.

Girl from Sydney - 6 fertilised - that is great!

Cloggy - good luck for transfer on Saturday.

Can anyone please tell me if we don't stay near CFC clinic - (ie we stay waterfront, Green Point etc), how do you get to the appointments at CFC in Claremont? Is there a good public transport system there? we may hire a car just not sure as yet. I sort of thought in the beginning of our planning that we should stay right near the clinic. But now see many of you stay in nicer areas that dont seem too far from the clinic?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

January  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Everything is pretty close in CPT Luca - it's only about the size of Geelong really, and there's not as much traffic as we have here in Melb even in peak hour. We hired a car as it was cheap and easy to get around and worth it in my opinion as you can do what you want, when you want. The area the clinic is in is very nice but suburban - like Toorak but with more barbed wire and electric fence security (as does everywhere). From Greenpoint to the clinic is about 20 mins or so.
    We stayed at The Vineyard Hotel and that was 2 mins to the clinic.
    Em x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (16-05-2014),Luca  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Luca. We stayed at Green point because we figured of the two weeks you are there you only go to the clinic 3 times. We had a guy give us his card so we used him every time we went to the clinic and he waited there no matter how long it took for nothing. It was R180 to the clinic and R180 back but we tipped him and made it an even R400 because he was waiting for over an hour each time. I wasnt a fan of the Claremont area but that's just me.

January so glad everything is going well for twin a.

Emski - I too gave our donor an opal pendant

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (16-05-2014),January  (16-05-2014),Luca  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January fantastic to hear twin A is doing so well enjoy this magical time, I am sorry about twin B

Luca I used taxi's to get to and from CFC, I stayed in the middle of the city and it was R220 return which included tip (July 2013), the driver's also waited for me with no additional charge, taxi's are cheap just avoid the dodgy looking ones

Best wishes to everyone else on your journeys

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (16-05-2014),January  (16-05-2014),Luca  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow anait. You got a great deal. We must have looked like suckers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cloggy and GFS - congrats to you both on fertilisation rates and all the best for your upcoming transfers.

Emski, glad your well and yay, for last jabs. thanks for the embryo glue info, every little bit helps.

Great news MGCBertie, I did stalk the over 40 thread for a bit last year and so happy you have a great embaby on board and some frosties too Happy speedy 2WW for you.
    JodiW, thanks again for Sarah's details, I've touched base and hopefully will sneak in to see her before she heads off on her hols. Hope the 2WW is being kind to you too.

January,
    sorry about twin b but super news on twin a.

Esperanza, big hugs to you hon. It is heartbreaking and frustrating when you get a BFN and they cannot tell you why but unfortunately it is just part of this tough process and really hope next time is it for you. Enjoy your time together in Bali.

Baby dreamer, i hope you hear something soon.

MrsErin, great news on your donors tests being all clear and the 10 days will breeze by.
    I too was wondering about a gift for our donor, then found a beautiful photography book on capturing motherhood, blending tips and techniques. In her mini bio mentioned she has a little girl and had recently started her first course on photography. I will also put some money in an envelope to go towards a photography course/equipment. i know they are not keen on extra monetary but she is helping my dream and i'd like to help hers to since it is also a passion of mine. I also hope i will be returning to the shop to buy the book for me next

Helenweels, such sad news about your grandpa and hope you are doing ok. Looking forward to catching up on the weekend.

Sorry if i missed anyone, i am just manically typing this before heading out to the airport for our flight to CT. Nervously excited...I saw my FS today and ovaries were all nicely suppressed but my lining is only 6.7mm. We have our first appt at CFC on Monday so praying it thickens up quickly over the next few days.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (16-05-2014),January  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January, I'm sorry about the twin. I don't know if you remember but the same thing happened to me. I think about what might have been sometimes but I'm so grateful for our LO. My pregnancy had its complications and twins would have made it all the more challenging. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Esperanza, I'm so sorry about the bfn.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

January  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2014 ROLL CALL

RESEARCHING DONOR OPTIONS
    flyer
    Crystal4431
    Patsy73

michdynasty
    Rachel70
    williteverhappen
    mayaus
    francesthecat
    Sahndi
    MGCBertie
    Aspire
    Butterfly39
    Soclose
    Seahorse1
    MardiCharli

DONOR SELECTED & CONFIRMED
    Luca (ET Aug)
    Tittle (ET Aug)
    myheart ( ET ?)
    KLM0511 (ET July)
    Baby dreamer (ET July)
    Makeba (ET Jun)
    thembs (ET 7 Jun)
    Biba jani (FET May)
    MrsErinR (ET 9 Jun)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR DONOR CYCLE

Sunflower11 (ET May)
    Cloggy05 (ET 17 May)
    Helonweels (FET 19 May)
    GirlFromSydndy (ET May)

2 WEEK WAIT

BFP
    Jacks 69
    January (2x3D)
    Feather (2x5D)
    Emski72 (2x5D)
    ejj87(1x5D)

Angelmama74 (2x5D)

twirlywhirl (2x5D)

GRADUATES
    Rainbowchaser - boy 3/5/14
    Wishmeluck - boy 15/4/14
    Sunny15 - boy 24/3/14
    BJ04 - boy 14/3/14
    Amethyst13 - twin boys 10/3/14
    AllieOop - girl 10/3/14
    Anait - boy 8/3/14

Plimpy - boy 7/3/14

Jennilee - girl 5/3/14

2014 STATS

BFP = 7
    BFN =
    (58.3% success rate based on first BT)

Previous year's roll call can be found on thread #4 page #34
    Last edited by January; 19-05-2014 at 19:47.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (17-05-2014),Biba jani  (16-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (17-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-05-2014),Tittle  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Best of luck to those in CT at the moment

Thank you everyone for your well wishes it means so much

19. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (17-05-2014)