Closed Thread
Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. Biba... definitely ask about numbers etc that were frozen. They should definitely give you that. And yes, plenty of women don't get pregnant on a fresh cycle, but do on a FET, so it all should be good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, just an update from me: our girl had egg retrival on Monday, we got 16 mature eggs, today they rang me and only 6 fertilised. I am disapointed, trying to stay positive, but its hard. On the other side we are having a great holiday! Cape Town is the place to be!
    hi everyone and all the best to all of you in baby journey.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    GFS, hang in there! We only had 6 of our 12 fertilise.... remember they are 6 young eggs!
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck GFS. Fingers crossed they are good ones. I am not sure what fertilisation stats to expect as when i had ivf i always had ICSI, so the stats would be different.

i am also in CT at the moment, ther on Monday as well. 12 eggs, 8 fertilised.

how about the progesterone injection - OWW! I put it in my leg, charley horse. I'll have to try bum today

Take care and baby dust to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    GirlfromSydney.... 6 fertilised eggs is still good, and as others said these would be healthy young eggs. Can I ask, had your donor donated before? I know some people use previous donations as a bit of an indication, but I think 6 is still good (definitely good compared to my own old eggs). And there are so many stories of it working with just 1 or 2.

Cloggy.... hmmm, are you saying that you're just doing IVF in SA, and not IVF ICSI? I just presumed that anyone using donor eggs, would be doing ICSI, but now that you've said that it made me realise that IVF would be a way to make sure the healthiest sperm get to those eggs. Good luck with being PUPO. I'd read before that SA like the progesterone injections, rather than the pessaries. I really wonder if that's more effective? Certainly more painful!!

Emski and GirlfromSydney.... just interested on that front - did you do IVF or IVF ICSI with your donor eggs in SA?

AFM.... we transferred one expanded blastocyst this morning :-)) Prof I was happy with that, and so are we! In the end, day 5 results were 2 x expanded blasts (one which we transferred, the other frozen), 2 x morulas (both frozen), 3 x 8-12 cells (that they'll keep until day 6 and see if they progress enough for freezing), and the runt that turned into a morula, but was graded C so unsuitable for freezing. So at the moment we have 3 embies frozen, which is amazing, since we've never had any ever before. Now just settle in, keep myself busy and wait out for BT on 26 May :-)) Thanks everyone again for all your lovely wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies..
    Sorry for being a bit quiet.. Since our arrival in Cape Town I've received the sad news that my grandfather has passed away so I'll be leaving CT after transfer on Monday and heading off to the uk for the funeral. I'd put everything in place for this to be the most stress free journey!
    We have our lining scan today so fingers crossed that everything is on track.. I'm so emotionally spent right now I can't tell you.. As if the ED journey isn't bad enough???

I'm having internet issues so have sent a few PMs via the site.
    Sunflower11 you'll need to check your PM on here for contact info, sorry!
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    CFC use ICSI and embryo glue

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen, so sorry to hear about your grandfather

MCG Bertie, Ivf australia did ICSI, but when i went to Genea, they did ZiVF, as my husband does not have any issues with his sperm.
    Our girl was doing her first cycle/ donation, but she is already booked 2 times after us. She is 25 y.o., no kids yet. She ticked all the boxes for us(except for smoking part) and when i asked Cyndi aboit her if she is a good match, she said yes she except that she has a darker hair, oh well i dye my hair lighter anyway
    a lot of baby dust to you

thanks Em for support, all the best on your pregancy!

Cloggy, gestone injections-omg! Never done them before. I think they are better then pessaries as stays inside, you know what i mean.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, what is embryo glue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Its the sticky solution in the catheter with the embtyos when they transfer, helps them stick,

Sent from my GT-P5110

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

GirlFromSydney  (15-05-2014)