Closed Thread
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Hi everyone.... just wanted to say I have been reading along for a long time, with the thought of going next to SA. It was with all your inspirational and successful stories about using DE, that I eventually / finally moved on, and this cycle my sister said she would have one go at donating her eggs to us. It's been very hopeful so far..... at EPU she got 10 eggs with 9 of them mature. Then fertilisation overnight was 8 out of the 9 mature eggs!!! We are all so over-the-moon about such great numbers. We've never had numbers like this with my eggs, in fact we didn't get much more than that over 8 full stim cycles! I'm feeling rather excited about it all now. Of course a little worried that my body is going to let it all down, and so hope that the intrallipids and other meds for NKCs work their magic this time. Anyhow, there's nothing more I can do, so just have to wait it out. We'll find out on Mon (day 3) what the embryos are doing, and then look for transfer on Wed (day 5). So thanks everyone for your encouragement about DE, as this has really given us our best shot so far for a take-home baby xx Many thanks
    Hi MGC Bertie ,

I followed your journey last year on the IVF thread. You are a fountain of knowledge lady! I guess you have been through it plenty of times to know lots. I certainly learned a lot from you and other ladies.
    I am so pleased that your sister has donated and you got so many eggs! Exciting week ahead for you then! I really truly hope this is the time for you.

Keep us posted and all the best for next week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski Congratulations it must be so wonderful to hear the heartbeat. Wishing you a very safe, uncomplicated pregnancy. Enjoy every minute of it.

MrsErin, thank goodness you found a new donor so quickly and it is all falling into place. I am sure it is very stressful but this seems like LUCK to me This is your time now.

Esperanza thinking of you all day today and sending millions of sticky vibes your way.

AFM I am in the waiting game. My donor was supposed to have her screening on Friday but cancelled. Hopefully she will show up monday as rescheduled. Patience is a virtue but I sure can be impatient trying to be patient

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I am new to this I accidentally posted before I was finished.

JODI W thank you for creating this wonderful thread, as it has been said many times before by others, I wouldn't be embarking upon this journey without it. It has given me vital information, comfort in making this decision and most of all hope And I am sending Much baby dust your way for your 2ww.

January Congratulations! So exciting, I am praying for both your little ones.

KLM I am also with Dr Wiswedel and Cyndi you will be 2 weeks ahead of me (i am thinking cause I don't have an official tx plan yet) I know we are in good hands. The only issues I have had has been responses in a timely matter with Cyndi. Which has been well documented in this thread so I try not to fret over it. May this time travel fast for us

And to everyone else thank you for being brave, courageous and not giving up on your dreams !

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby dreamer For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (11-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (13-05-2014),January  (11-05-2014),KLM0511  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Wow this thread moves so quickly!

Emski - I hope your bleeding has subsided and you get more reassurance with your scan tomorrow.

Esperenza - I hope you get good news today.

MrsErin - great news with your new donor. What a rollercoaste it has been for you.

Jodi & Sunflower - all the very best of luck in Cape Town. I hope you have a stress free time. I look forward to hearing how you go.

KLM - not long for your now. Great that you have your protocal.

MGCBertie - hope you get more good news today on your embies. Good luck for Wed.

Babydreamer - I hope your donor showed up today for screening. I can see how a lot of patience is needed in this journey. I am also with Dr Wiswedel and Cyndi like yourself and KLM. Just starting the process so havent had any dealings with them as yet.

So we have met with the FS. We have had most of the testing done and we have chosen a donor we want. She is donating in July so unavailable in Aug but will be in Sep. We really like her, she looks like me & fits the bill. She hasnt donated as yet so I guess we can see how she goes in July then decide. I start the pill tonight - so will be on it around 3 months before we go.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (14-05-2014),KLM0511  (13-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BibaJani.... a progress report like that (5 x 6-8 cell) sounds like a day 3 report, and it's not until day 5 or 6 they would freeze any Blastocysts, so it really depends then. What was the outcome in the end? AFM..... we had more great news today - it's really quite unbelievable and I keep having to shake my head - day 3 embryo results - 7 x 8A (absolutely perfect) and 1 x 7B (a bit behind, but crazily we would have used this one on any of our previous 8 cycles, and this time this one won't even get a look in!!). They did assisted hatching today in preparation for transfer on Wednesday (which probably was needed for my old eggs, but probably not actually necessary on these eggs, but done now). We're hedging towards transferring just 1 embryo - I like the idea of twins, but personally don't like the risk factors, premie births and difficulty carrying them when I'm not super fit, plus thyroid issues. On a side note my FS also rang to say that even though he's increased my dose of Thyroxine, my TSH still hasn't gone below 4 (which is only just a tad higher than normal range). He's never worried about it before in my previous cycles with him, but I've read recently that now some FSs like TSH to be below 2. So he's increased the dosage again. Has anyone heard anything about Thyroid levels and implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bartie for your help. Yes it was day 3 report.. Sorry I have no idea about thyroid.... But I wish you best for embryo transfer...

AFM, since we didn't get any update on visa clinic decided to freeze the embryos... Though we were not given how many and on what grades so it very frustrating.

Now no action plan as we have no idea when we will get visa ever... I was told to stop al medication. I dono now what and how and when we will go to FET as in June DH have audit coming up and then for a month we will have family coming over ... Means it would be in august maybe.

I can't stop crying as everyday I had hope and prayed that we will get visa before transfer date... Now I lost all my hopes and all my interest in donor eggs .. It's no more fresh cycle so the chances of success are even less....

i wish wish all the other ladies In this thread all the very best and a lot of baby dust...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't give up hope Biba Jani, the visa might still come through, these departments can be very frustrating. Have you been able to speak to anyone to find out the reasons for the delay?

Many ladies still get a pregnancy from frozen embryos. You can do it. Hang in there. We all have our fingers crossed for good luck for you.

Take care.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great MGC Bertie! I have a great feeling about this one for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Biba I would ring the clinic and ask for your freeze report. I ended up having to do that and I was in SA!
    There is very good success with frozen embryo transfers so don't lose hope.
    Em x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Biba jani View Post

I can't stop crying as everyday I had hope and prayed that we will get visa before transfer date... Now I lost all my hopes and all my interest in donor eggs .. It's no more fresh cycle so the chances of success are even less....
    Hi Biba

They only freeze the best quality eggs, so if they are freezing eggs, thats a great sign. Also, from memory (and maybe some of the others can confirm this) using FET only decreases the odds by 5% - this means they are still very good odds (65% or higher).

I am sure the delay is causing frustration - after all when in this process you just want to get on with it - but thinking long term and as an outsider, things look positive. You'll be fine, I'm sure

MGC Bertie, great results - best of luck with the transfer

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-05-2014)