Closed Thread
Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Donna, I'm so sorry to hear of your illness. They were beautiful words you wrote and I am taking them on board. I wish you all the best in your treatment x

AFM, after a few false starts we have finally chosen our donor and I couldn't be more pleased. She popped up on a site last weekend and when we read her profile we knew she was the one for us. She consented to donate for us during the week and we signed the contracts on Thursday. I guess we're not official until we pay and that should happen this week after my ultrasound results come through and we get the official go ahead. Hoping to head over in mid-late May if we can arrange things that quickly. I'm so excited that it's finally happening.

Congrats Emski. Sending you sticky vibes and can't wait to hear how the other girls have gone too.

Hi to everyone else out there too.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done em.... This sounds so promising...! Relax now and send those strong, sticky embies some positive vibes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - Glad to hear transfer went well. Rest up and try to be kind to yourself emotionally for the next couple of weeks. For me, the time between transfer and the test was a bit of a nightmare (which I created inside my head mind you). Hoping to hear some good news from you in a couple of weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donna you are an amazingly strong and resilient women. Your words are so inspiring. I will be thinking of you as you fight this battle.

Emski hang in there. It's a tough few weeks but hopefully it will all be worth it. Fingers crossed.

My heart I went down the donor path in oz twice and I would thoroughly recommend calling the donor coordinate at your Ivf clinic tomorrow and explaining your donors situation. Unfortunately I don't think she will be allowed to donate until her youngest child is 2 years of age. This is due to the risk of cot death up to 2 years. It has to go to the ethics committee which takes a bot of time. I know this as I went through it with my friend and I ended up going to SA as it was much quicker and easier. Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks girls I'm already going a bit loopy and I'm only 1dp5dt... taking it very easy and lazing around in bed. It helps that DH has a lot of work to do so he's happy to stick around the hotel room. Will venture out to the V&A tonight for dinner though before I go stir crazy.
    Already symptom spotting! Argh

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - Are you staying in Cape Town Centre? If you are, take yourself to Fork, they serve THE most amazing tapas style food. Whatever you do, don't miss out on the desert plates, because they are to die for. We ended up ordering a second round they were THAT good. Food always helps me take my mind off things - thought it might help you too. Good luck darl. Try not to symptom spot - it will send you loopy. Big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thought it was time to update you all on our time here in Cape Town.
    Our fertilisation report came back :from the 14 eggs at EPU, 12 were injected and 8 fertilized. We haven't had an update since but are working with the idea that no news is good news?
    We have spent our time since exploring this amazing place and have enjoyed it immensely. DH was thrilled to be able to do a shark cage dive and now holds the record for the longest time in the cage for the season @ 2 hours. A feat he is very proud of.
    We also got to do a wine tasting at the oldest winery in SA (Groot Constantia) it was a lovely estate with a good walk through the vineyards and an excellent restaurant
    ( Jonkershuis )
    Today Tx is scheduled for lunchtime, Fx we have some lovely blasts ..

Rainbow , we are staying in the CBD so we will try and check it out, Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Rainbow we went yhere last week and it was really great... didn't do dessert though as we ate too many tapas!
    Good luck today Blinky!

Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Blinky! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - good luck for today. Yes, I would say no news is good news. Hope that you arrive to find some stellar embies to transfer?

DEFINITELY check out Fork and leave room for desert - OMG it was good. Emski... definitely worth a visit again EVEN if it's just for desert!

Hoping to hear good news from all of you CT ladies in the coming weeks.