Closed Thread
Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all you wonderful, inspiring current/future moms and dads!

I have been following everyone's journey for the last 6 months and am on second read of the entire thread and decided it is time to come out "so to speak".

I have been greatly inspired by you all and found the thread through chance. I am actually from the US but adoption/egg donation is financially out of reach for us here and had almost given up my dream to be a mom until I found all of you and I thank each and everyone of you for sharing!

Because of all of you we are on our way to South Africa to the CFC at the end of July. My baby dream continues

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby dreamer For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (08-05-2014),Esperanza  (08-05-2014),Tittle  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Jodi and Biba - although not smooth so far for you both, long term, everything looks very good

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome and good luck Baby Dreamer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin, so sorry to read your update both for you, as another little set back is tough but also for your donor. Finding out at such a young age that you may also have issues with fertility is really sad. I hope together with your agency you can find another donor to keep within your time frames.

JodiW - thank you for sharing feedback, knowing the are open to feedback and are continually trying to improve their services is great to know. Hope your two beautiful embabies are getting nice and comfy.

Babi jani, congrats on your 16 eggs and really hope the embassy will pull its finger out soon and sorts your visa, so you can get over there.

Tittle, congrats on your plan. Great news, becomes more real once you can book flights etc...

Welcome baby dreamer and i'm glad you have found us and CFC as i am on another thread with some other US gals and it is really expensive there. Roll on July for you.

I think i have gone a little mad over the years as i actually look forward to poking myself with needles these days. though i do look forward to this cycle being the last of them.

Esperanza, how are you doing, hope the 2ww isn't sending you too loopy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (09-05-2014),Biba jani  (08-05-2014),Esperanza  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to everyone

I thought I might weigh into the feedback comments having been to both Cape Town and Jo'Burg in the last 4 months.

I believe both places have good points and bad points so will try and list them for both. Please note, this is my opinion only.

I went to CFC in January and Medfem in April and did struggle a little with the lack of communication from both clinics even if I cc'd the doctor in. Luckily I knew enough about the process it was not a huge concern however when it come to the final process, it was communication that let the whole thing down with CFC. I believe both were equal in the communication stakes and you really need to be assertive with what you want and need and make sure they understand. Having said this, if you are really unsure of things it may be beneficial to have a Fertility Clinic here work on your behalf - added expense I know but at least you have the comfort of knowing they will be clear about whats required.
    I did actually feel Medfems medical facilities was a little more professional than CFC. Just an observation as I work in the childrens hospital here in Perth.
    CFC's accounting procedure is definately way better than Medfems. Medfem is more expensive and the way they have you pay for things is definately archaic.
    As for destinations, Cape Town is definately more a travel destination than JoBurg. DH & I travelled to Cape Town together and there are so many lovely places to see and things to do. I travelled to JoBurg on my own and although I did not venture out too much, definately not on my own, I did find it better than I thought I would. The people were very friendly and helpful and there are lots of unusual things to see. They are 2 very different destinations but as a holiday spot, Cape Town is more attractive.
    In summary, I would recommend both. I have travelled a fair bit and always find if you are sensible then things are usually fine. The CFC process is a lot more polished however Medfem gave me a pregnancy! Both have strengths and weakness's and realistically, I didnt find either process that much different to here at home. It certainly is a growing industry and I believe if you cover all bases as best you can, ultimately it all comes down to luck! The donor egg process gives us all an extra opportunity to achieve something we are not able to do ourselves. When all other doors are closed, this is still a great option that gives us hope.
    I wish everyone the very best. This thread has been unbelievable and very instramental in helping us making the huge decision to try. The fact that it remains so busy is testament of how important it is. And having someone that has travelled the same road and knows exactly what you are going through is invaluable.
    Keep up the good work people.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jacks69 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (08-05-2014),ejj87  (10-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (09-05-2014),KLM0511  (08-05-2014),Sunflower11  (09-05-2014),Tittle  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome baby dreamer - this is such a fantastic and helpful group. I certainly wouldn't be in my 2WW if I hadn't of found this thread.

Biba - congrats on the egg retrieval. Hopefully once the visa is sorted it will be smooth sailing from there on out.

Jodi - congrats on being pupo and loads of sticky vibes!!

tittle - yay for getting your plan. I found everything moved lightning fast once that was in place for me.

Mrserin - I'm so sorry to hear that things have fallen through for you. How devastating for you and your donor. Fingers crossed you can find another that can fit your time frame. My thoughts are with you.

Afm - today is 8dp5dt and I am seriously contemplating on just POAS tomorrow morning. Hubby thinks we should wait till beta on Saturday but I don't know. I kinda want a buffer in case it hasn't worked. What's the process for betas? Do you get them done a few days apart?
    Last edited by Esperanza; 08-05-2014 at 19:57.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (09-05-2014),Biba jani  (08-05-2014),Tittle  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Esperanza, if i were you i would be already PoAS!! Last few times when i was pregnant, home pregnancy test was showing positive on day 5-6 for 5d blastocysts. 2ww is crucial, i want to know asap regardless the result! But its me, you may have different opinion on the matter. You can do betas two days apart to ensure it grows and doubling every second day
    fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to share this number with you guys, they come and pick up your washing and deliver it back to you, I think they might be In the Seapoint area so will do mouille point, green point, V&A area, econowash 021 4349728, first time I had 2 plastic bags full and today one plastic bag full, both times they charged 65 rand just under 7 dollars. If you are staying in different areas its worth giving them a call as they might service that area as well. As I have said in previous posts taking washing to a laundromat is dirt cheap, I didn't realise it was so cheap for this service too.

Biba I will PM you Tsitsi number, she sent me a text this morning checking on me to make sure I was alright, what a sweetie. Any news on the visa, can you ring the SA embassy?

welcome babydreamer.

wow you got your plan early Tittle, now for the fun part of organising everything, enjoy

I've got my bags packed, I had to buy extra luggage, I came over with carry on and am having to check 2 bags in on the way home, hubby is going to kill me, but I figured I won't be coming back, not for a long while and as things are so cheap here, that I should take advantage and I bought new clothes for work so some of it was actually needed. I'm looking forward to seeing my boys, but I will miss Cape Town, the people, and the lifestyle, wish we could move here quite frankly.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (09-05-2014),Biba jani  (09-05-2014),Sunflower11  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thank JodiW for pm. I probably call her once I reach... Thanks once again...

a question if any one can help. I received email from CFC lab informing me that 16 eggs were collected and. 8 were injected... 6 fertilized n now under monitoring. I wrote them back that why not all the egg were injected. Can any one here have any idea about it ... As they didn't reply me yet and I m very confused ... Bcz I don't think we will be able to have fresh cycle and seeing here many cases where they us nothing left to freeze after two embryo was transfer... Since we have so many hardles I don't want to minimized our chance of success. And want to have back up,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Biba, they will only inject the eggs that were mature, and hence capable of being fertilised and progressing. It is normal for some eggs to not be mature.