Closed Thread
Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I just wanted to say (again, I think!) how wonderful it is to have come across this thread. I was feeling that considering egg donation in SA was such a huge/unusual thing but you've made me feel normal. It's still huge but not quite so unusual.
    Good luck to all.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (02-05-2014),Cloggy05  (04-05-2014),Esperanza  (01-05-2014),GirlFromSydney  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Esperanza.

Helonweels, wish I found this thread before i went to see my new FS at Bondi! I paid them to manage my cycle $1800. before i was with Genea and IVF Australia. It just seemed so unrealistic to manage your cycle from overseas, but reading everyone's posts i can see that it can be done! and yes i probably need extra more possts before i can PM enyone.
    I see how i go without clexane and prednisolone this time. I did have a pragnancy without them (by had a MC) and had another one with them (MC as well).
    When i was on prednisolone i was not myself. One of the side effects i was having was suicidal thoughts and I am very positive and optimistic person (well, this is how i see myself hahaha)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girlfromsydney.
    I too was with IVF aust. They were the ones wanting a grand off me.. For doing bugger all quite frankly!
    $1800 is ridiculous.. That's just daylight robbery..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Helonweels View Post
    Hi girlfromsydney.
    I too was with IVF aust. They were the ones wanting a grand off me.. For doing bugger all quite frankly!
    $1800 is ridiculous.. That's just daylight robbery..
    The only thing to be mindful of with no real support from a FS is that on your return with your BFP (see, being very positive here) you have to be very pushy with your GP sometime to get the follow up betas, early viability scans etc. I have often felt like I know more than my GP in regard to my progesterone levels etc. You're kind of in caregiver limbo if you don't have your FS behind you or a very pro-active GP. I'm lucky that FS agreed to help me, but I didn't have appointments with her, I just rang her office and asked for advice when I had my bleed and she would pass on advice. She did my referrals for scans etc. But my GP did all my scripts etc. Before I left.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, not relevant question, but I wanted to create my signature so everyone can see my IVF journey and i went to read "How to" id followed instructions, but when i go to USer panel and then to my settings, there is no "signature' bloke or i must be blind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromSydney View Post
    Girls, not relevant question, but I wanted to create my signature so everyone can see my IVF journey and i went to read "How to" id followed instructions, but when i go to USer panel and then to my settings, there is no "signature' bloke or i must be blind!
    Its on the left in the side panel... says edit signature

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emski
    Sorry I should have been more specific. I have a wonderful obs at the SAN in Sydney. He kind of takes over where the gp leaves off. And he has previously been in the 'chain' when I did IVF here. He is a wonderful man who saw us through our trauma in January so knows our history. It can be done without an FS - but of course you need the medical support to hand so may need to keep them on your team.

I've just been fortunate that my gp/obs have been understanding and have supported my decision to go overseas. Some FS's (and gp's for that matter) don't understand - so by default, disagree with helping us along the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi yeah, my OB wasn't going to see me until 9 weeks as I'm a first time preggo... I got in earlier due to the bleed, but it's a long wait otherwise.

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Helen, girlfromsydney and Cloggy. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

jodi - have you landed in Cape Town yet?

thank you everyone for your kind support. My husband and I are ecstatic that we were even able to get this far so anything that happens happens. We are staying calm and positive but realistic.

my FS was more than happy to help us and just charges us a normal consult. For an FS to charge a fee for something they do anyway is just daylight robbery.

I spent yesterday on bed rest but I've had enough. We are going out for a nice walk today but I won't be overdoing it. I hit my first vein doing my progesterone today. Ouch! Definitely felt it as soon as I had. Just a question for those who got positives, did you use all of your PoI shots or did they switch you to pessaries? Because if we have to throw out doses of POI because of blood, won't I run out? Just a bit confused.

Hello to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to ask. Do you go to your gp for the initial blood test and then your FS if you have a positive for the betas? Or does the gp do those as well?