Closed Thread
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I need some advise.... I have been looking for a donor in USA or SA... I found one in USA with a very similiar look to me. Then the other day a friend of mine told her friend about us and she wants to donate her eggs to us... On the plus side; she has two kids, both smooth and easy pregnancies and no issue getting pregnant, last baby is 6 months old, she is 30 years old. The cost is only an IVF cycle compared to $28,000 for USA, the transfer would be fresh compared to using frozen eggs from USA - so higher chance of success, the only issue is that she does not look like me - she is fair and blonde, where I am olive skin with dark hair.... What should we do...?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    2 embies on board, at this stage only 1 looks good enough to freeze, so all hopes are pinned on the 2 fresh ones... stick you little ones!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (29-03-2014),Rainbowchaser  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Em - Remember, its now all about logic rather than hope - by the statistics 2 young eggs that have made it to 5 days will mean you have a great chance

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I like the way you think!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by myheart View Post
    What should we do...?????
    You need to do what you're most comfortable with! If looking like you is not a major factor for you it sounds like it is a good option. However if it would concern you in the long run then maybe not. It's a very personal thing that only you can answer!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi beautiful ladies,
    Yes, I have been missing in action pretty much since our trip to CT last year that resulted in a crappy cycle and a BFN. At this stage we will not be returning to CT or even looking at IVF again. We have had to close the door on our hopes of having a baby together.
    I know Sunny has posted here already but I had to write too. I guess a bit of closure.
    I have leukaemia. It is rare. About 1 in 100,000 people have this one. So yesterday I took my first tablet in preparation of chemotherapy which will commence within the week, either this Tuesday or the following Monday. So for us, the goal has changed. We now want me to be healthy and to survive. The blood cancer I have does have good response rated but it is one that never goes away but can go into a temporary remission, or partial remission. Sigh.
    So all I can say to you is chase your dreams. Give life a good dose of living. Don't be scared to love, to forgive and to live your life the way that makes you smile and happy. If you want a baby, you give it every possible chance you can and go for it. You are strong amazing women to embark on this journey and even though it has its emotional lows those that have had success will tell you it is all worth it. I would love to go again but with chemo drugs and my age and my health, we can't. Perhaps if I get through my leukaemia battle we may look at surrogacy and if we can't afford to do that, we may just do some foster caring.
    To my friends I travelled with that have both had their beautiful baby boys Sunny and Anait...you were a part of a special part in all our lives and I am celebrating your happiness and blessings. Your children are lucky to have you as parents.
    To my friend January... you are constantly in my thoughts and I am cheering you on back here in OZ.
    To my friend Laned... you are such a special lady and your support is so precious.
    I hope you all find the golden egg.
    All my love,
    Donna xxx

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (29-03-2014),BJ04  (04-04-2014),Blinky76  (30-03-2014),Tittle  (03-04-2014),Twowhites  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donna - You are an amazing woman. Thinking of you on your current journey. May your body fight this with all it's might and become strong again to do whatever your beautiful heart desires.

Hoping to hear some positive updates from you soon. xxxxx

RBx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dj nice to see you, the cancer road is crappy and unpredictable as I traveled it with my son for 2 years. I am wishing you my sincerest best wishes on the coming months of treatment. I always liked this saying with my son 'cancer is a word not a sentence'

Kick it's a&$e xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fingers crossed Emski! Enjoy the rest of your time there.

DJ, so very sorry about your health. You seem like a strong woman and seem to have great support so I wish you all the very best in keeping as well as you can. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement to the rest of us.
    I really do think its wonderful that the women on here are so good to each other.
    Keep it up ladies.

As for me, we have chosen our donor, although she got married last weekend so just waiting to hear if she is still available in July, so we have a second choice, however she is donating in May already, so we need to ensure she is still ok in July too. As soon as we get confirmation we can get the contract and pay our money I guess and wait again till July. No others were available sooner that we liked. So at this stage not sure which one we will get, but either are ok with us.