Closed Thread
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    All looking good at today's scan, baby is measuring 6w6d (I'm 7w1d) and heart rate of 144bpms which is good. Started spotting after the internal ultrasound but that's ok. The bleed was not visible via ultrasound so no subchrionic hematoma thankfully. Still on bedrest, but will enjoy it a lot more now!
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - so glad everything is looking good for you. I hope you're able to relax a little more now.

Sunflower - my hubby had a couple of beers up until his sample was given. As Dr Wiswedel said to us "we are on South African rules now. We must relax and enjoy in moderation" I would just maybe ease up right before his sample is given. I've even enjoyed a few drinks here myself and I'm feeling totally at ease. I think it helps.

Jodi - hope you have a good flight. I'll have everything crossed for you. Are you trying with the same eggs from the same donor as your little one? Sorry couldn't remember.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

emski72  (30-04-2014),Sunflower11  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all new bees..best of luck....

hope.... I m sooo sorry...

Em ski, great... This bad rest has best reward in the end... Happy for you..

Esperanza, crossing everything for you to have good number if meanies...xx

AFM, haven't got visa yet which mean we can't follow the original plan... Though I m on my prognova, we are staying in apartment which had an other booking from 15 so need to rebook the other accomodation.. I m frestrated like anything ....everything need to be rebook, tickets for flt, hotel, doc appointments everything and I hating it.... We suffer bcz southafrican embassy is not component .

sorry for me post... But I dono what I m writing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

emski72  (30-04-2014),Esperanza  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - really glad that your scan showed everything was okay. I hope you can relax a little more now?

January - Thinking of you and hoping that everything is going well with your pregnancy?

Helonwheels
    - good luck with this cycle, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Jodi - good luck with your imminent cycle. How exciting. I hope that in the coming days/weeks, you have more to feel positive about. In my own cycle, I had felt like it had not/would not work. I felt like if I could accept the worst possible outcome... I could most definitely accept the best! Hoping that you can provide your little boy with a sibling? I was not aware that the CFC would transfer more than 2 embies though? We had one embryo from our original donor and then 2 embryos from our frozen donor which were much better quality than the fresh embryo... but Dr L R said that they would not allow us to put in embryos from different donors, so we either had to choose the fresh or frozen. Lucky for us that the decision was made for when we arrived on the day of transfer as the original donor embryo was not looking near the quality of the ones from the frozen egg donor. Hoping that your decision is made easier at the other end as well. Big hugs to you.

Luca - I also had slightly elevated NK Cells (12%) and had taken clexane from day of transfer on my IVF cycles here in Aust. Fell pregnant on my last aussie IVF cycle, but miscarried at 8 weeks. In South Africa, I asked my FS here in Australia to also prescribe me the Prednislone along with the Clexane - and I did the intralipid infusion a couple of days before my TF at the CFC but never got another one when I returned home to Oz. I really wanted to feel sure that I had covered all bases with my cycle in SA. I am now exactly 7 days away from giving birth from that successful cycle... so definitely worth looking into it. Dr LR was my Dr at the CFC and he does not believe in NK cells... but was happy for me to follow the protocol my clinic in Australia had set for me (clexane and prednislone). Ironically, he organised my Intralipid infusion (something my FS in Australia was dead against me doing). The conflicting advice is daunting, but at the end of the day you have to do what you believe is right for you. I didn't want to leave SA without knowing I had done absolutely everything possible to achieve a pregnancy, I didn't ever want to be years down the track wondering "what if?"

Sorry if I have forgotten anybody, this thread seems to move so quickly I can hardly keep up.

AFM - we are only one week away from meeting our little man now. I can't believe it that this time next week I will be checking into the hospital for my C-section (if he does not pop out before then). I have my last foetal trace and blood pressure check today. Saw my OB on Monday afternoon and all is looking good despite me carrying a BIG baby! I feel absolutely great (still forget that I am pregnant during the daytime) but just can't sleep all that much at night now as it is hard to get comfortable with the mountain on my stomach LOL. It's been such a long road, but feels like it was only yesterday that we were in Cape Town. I really don't know what I would have done without the support I have received from so many people, right down to our local pharmacy going out of their way to help me obtain additional syringes for my cycle. The help and support I have received along the way on this forum has been truly unbelievable. I feel so blessed to have found this forum and thank you all so much for your love, support and true friendships.

My only regret is that I didn't find you all and try the SA donor egg route sooner.

Lots of love and sticky baby dust to you all

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (30-04-2014),ejj87  (30-04-2014),GirlFromSydney  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Esperanza - thinking of you today and wishing you the very best for yr TF. So happy that you are having a lovely time.

Jodie - hoping like crazy this trip is a great success. I hope Matty gets his little brother or sister.

RB - yay. Amazing can't wait to hear your birth announcement.
    Em - hope that the bleeding g has settled and that all is well.
    To All New Ladies -welcome and wishing you all a successful journey. As for accommodation, we stayed at the protea wharf hotel. The apartment was 1 bedroom, self contained with washer and dryer. Also had full room service if desired. It was 10 min walk to V&A, next to security centre, 5 mins to city centre, close to restaurants and the hop on hop off bus. It was approx $125.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (30-04-2014),GirlFromSydney  (30-04-2014),Rainbowchaser  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Em

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Naww Rainbow your post made me tear up! You're so close now! So exciting. You have been a great source of support on this thread for everyone so right back at you!
    I hope everything goes smoothly for your birth! How exciting!

Em x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ejj ... your signature is massive! thanks for the well wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biba - so sorry to hear they are messing you around. I couldn't imagine how frustrating it may be. I hope everything can come together quickly for you.

Rainbow - so close for you. How exciting

Thank you you laned for your well wishes. I came down with a massive cold yesterday, sneezing fits the lot and I was hoping I would feel better today for transfer but I think I'm actually worse I'm hoping it isn't going to affect anything. I will let you all know how it goes.
    Last edited by Esperanza; 30-04-2014 at 17:59.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
    Babi - so sorry to hear they are messing you around. I couldn't imagine how frustrating it may be. I hope everything can come together quickly for you.

Rainbow - so close for you. How exciting

Thank you you laned for your well wishes. I came down with a massive cold yesterday, sneezing fits the lot and I was hoping I would feel better today for transfer but I think I'm actually worse I'm hoping it isn't going to affect anything. I will let you all know how it goes.
    I had a shocking cold when I was over there. ?. I wouldn't worry. All the best for your transfer! Xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (30-04-2014)