Closed Thread
Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hope

Very very sorry. It can be a very cruel business. Unless you've been through this thing you could never understand. Going to SA and still no luck is a real stab.

The fact you went to SA says something about your determination. I am sure , like the other like minded determined girls on this forum, you'll be back. I'm sure you'll get your BFP.

We can all take some hope from some of the other girls who have been lucky second time. Also January - everything went wrong for her trip but she still ended up with a BFP.

I agree with Em - take some time, spoil yourself a bit and regroup.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

Hope44  (27-04-2014),January  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I have been reading your posts for a couple of months now and have learnt a lot from all of you. So thank you all. You ladies are amazing! It's somehow comforting to know that I am not alone in my quest to get pregnant at 45. Before coming across this forum I never realised that this was possible.
    I am currently tracking my cycle and getting all these tests you have to do at the beginning of IVF. I have made contact with CFC and some donor agencies. I'd like to get to CT as soon as possible.
    Anyway, this is my first post and I wanted to say hi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2014 ROLL CALL

RESEARCHING DONOR OPTIONS
    flyer
    Crystal4431
    Patsy73
    Luca
    michdynasty
    Rachel70
    williteverhappen
    mayaus
    francesthecat
    Sahndi
    MGCBertie
    GirlFromSydney
    Aspire
    Butterfly39
    MardiCharli

DONOR SELECTED & CONFIRMED
    Tittle (ET July)
    myheart ( ET ?)
    KLM0511 (ET July)
    Makeba (ET Jun)
    thembs (ET 7 Jun)
    JodiW (ET 7 May)
    Helonweels (FET May)
    Sunflower11 (ET May)
    Biba jani (ET May)
    MrsErinR (ET May)

Jacks69 (Jo'burg - ET ?)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR DONOR CYCLE

Lozby (Thailand - ET Apr)
    Esperanza (ET 30 Apr)

2 WEEK WAIT

BFP

January (2x3D)
    Feather (2x5D)
    Emski72 (2x5D)
    ejj87(1x5D)

Angelmama74 (2x5D)

twirlywhirl (2x5D)

GRADUATES
    Wishmeluck - boy 15/4/14
    Sunny15 - boy 24/3/14
    BJ04 - boy 14/3/14
    Amethyst13 - twin boys 10/3/14
    AllieOop - girl 10/3/14
    Anait - boy 8/3/14

Plimpy - boy 7/3/14

Jennilee - girl 5/3/14

2014 STATS

BFP = 6
    BFN =
    (66 % success rate based on first BT)

Previous year's roll call can be found on thread #4 page #34
    Last edited by January; 26-04-2014 at 16:26.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (26-04-2014),francesthecat  (26-04-2014),Sunflower11  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies & Bloke,

Hope44 - I am so sorry it didn't work this time. It's tough when you put so much effort into the cycle and end up with nothing. As you probably know I have been over twice and it did take a lot of courage to go back the second time but I am so glad I did. In CT at the same time was Feather who was also back for a second attempt and she too is pregnant. Of course there are still no guarantees. Take some time out to regroup and decide your next course of action. We are all thinking of you as we have all been to hell and back on this journey and understand completely how you are feeling right now

Emski - Hi hun, have been thinking of you heaps and I bet Tuesday cannot come quickly enough

Patsy73, Aspire & Luca - Welcome, you have found the most amazing bunch of people here to support you. All the best in your research and upcoming cycles.

Esperanza - Hope you're enjoying beautiful CT and the cycle is going to plan

All the best to those about to travel, this thread is about to get very exciting again
    Last edited by January; 26-04-2014 at 16:25.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (26-04-2014),Hope44  (27-04-2014),Luca  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

It is so hard to keep up with this thread. I always keep up reading-wise, but responding is so much harder! Here goes…

Sunflower, I think we might arrive in Cape Town around June 1 so we might have a slight overlap with you.

Luca, welcome over from the Over 40’s thread. The ladies here are so nice and informative, just like over there.

Makeba, so sorry to hear you had to cancel your flights and cycle. How upsetting. But, better to know that there is a problem before heading over I guess. I will be watching out for that one now.

Patsy73. Welcome. Re: donor agencies, we went with Gift ov life and they have been great apart from a little mix-up where the donor didn’t get the info about the procedures at the right time. That has been rectified now but it caused us some delay. If you look at the SASREG website you will see the accredited agencies. I think it’s maybe best to look for a donor you like primarily, rather than focus on one agency. If the donor happens to be at Nurture, then they are more expensive but I understand from others here that they will drop their prices if you ask them why they are more costly!

Hope44, I’m so very sorry. That is everyone’s biggest fear I’m sure. I know it is definitely mine. Take the time to feel sad for now. I hope that you get the chance to try again.

MyHeart, congrats on choosing your donor.

Biba jani and Aspire, welcome

Esperanza, I hope things are going well for you over there in CT.

Emski, thinking of you. But you know that because we’ve been in touch!

Hi to everyone else too.

As for us, our donor’s rescheduled screening was yesterday. I haven’t heard anything yet, other than the nurse thought we could still meet our proposed dates if the donor was OK with them. The biggest thing I want to know is that they feel confident she is past the uncertainty that caused them to cancel the screening the previous week. Otherwise we are back to step 1 of choosing a donor. Assuming all goes to plan we will be leaving on May 24 and having a bit of a holiday before arriving in Cape Town at the start of June.

Mind you, May 24 is less than 4 weeks away and we aren’t able to book anything yet!

I’m going to try to put this all out of my mind for the rest of the weekend. It’s our wedding anniversary so I’m going to go enjoy some wine and other things that I hopefully won’t be able to have in a few months!

x

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (28-04-2014),Esperanza  (26-04-2014),Hope44  (27-04-2014),Luca  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "In the end everything will be ok, if it's not ok it's not the end"
    This is my mantra at the moment and wanted to share it with you Hope44.
    Give yourself some time before making any decisions and take care of you, IVF really can be cruel sometimes. Sending you the biggest hugs .

As excited as i am to get underway I am also feeling helpless as so much of this cycle is out of my hands and scared of the outcome as well but keeping inspired by the many miracles that have happened here.

MrsErin, I am hoping if they were still concerned with your donors state of mind you would have heard something. So hopefully it means they will now touch base when they get her results back. At this stage we are due to fly home from Cape Town on the 30th May so may just miss you.

Welcome Aspire We too went with the agency after finding our preferred donor. We were initially concerned as our top 3 were all different agencies so was not sure how this would work fees wise if there was something wrong with our first choice and we then had to use our second from a different agency. Thankfully we haven't had to find out. We found all the agencies though to be very helpful and responsive so trust you are in good hands.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Hope44  (27-04-2014),Tittle  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up on what's happening with the personals, but I wanted to say I'm so sorry hope with your outcome. I do believe your time will happen. Don't give up hope but give yourself time until you feel you are ready again.

Just a quick one for me, clinic just called and we got 14 eggs from our donor and 9 have fertilized. So far everything on track and they are hoping for 5 day transfer. I will keep you updated as to what happens. Heading out to inverdoorn tomorrow for day trip safari.

I will post up personals soon.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (28-04-2014),Hope44  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good numbers Esperanza! Good luck they all stay on track.
    Have fun on safari!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news Esperanza. Congratulations.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great result Esperanza! Enjoy the safari.

Sent from my GT-P5110

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (28-04-2014)