Closed Thread
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Luca on deciding to go the DE route. We did 10 rounds of Ivf over 6 years with 1 m/c and we also endured a lot of heart ache. This time last year my hubby and I travelled to CT for a donor egg cycle. I am pleased to report that our baby son is now 4 months old and is the sunshine in our lives! And you wouldn't believe how many people comment that he looks like me......LOL. Good luck on your journey and enjoy all CT has to offer it's the most beautiful city in the world!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (28-04-2014),KLM0511  (25-04-2014),Luca  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi KLM,
    Yep it goes in your butt - I get DH to do that one, just because its a bit fiddly. I do all my other injections myself though. It doesn't necessarily hurt more but as the medication is suspended in oil it can sort of solidify in your bum muscle and it hurts after a while with all those little oil bullets under the skin if that makes any sense. It's a bit similar to pregnyl if you've used that before? Your bum feels lumpy, but I'd take that at this point over bleeding again from irritating my cervix with crinone. I don't think crinone entirely caused my bleed the other night, I think there were a few factors involved, but at this point I don't want go be creating any irritation up there at all.

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for that info Emski.
    No I haven't had pregnyl before either.
    I'll be on my own for more than a week over there so I'll have to do it myself (prob do my back in trying to twist myself around...lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    There are some youtube vids on how to do it solo apparently

Sent from my GT-P5110

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM I've always given myself the shots, hubby was taking too much pleasure in it lol

Em I have always taken gestone all the way through its the way they originally did their cycles they made the change to pessaries as loads of women were complaining about their butts, I prefer the shots less mess over quickly and I have a tendency to forget to take things. Whilst I do have some gestone I won't have time to get it too you. You can have it made up at your compounding chemist, the chemist in Macquarie St Sydney seems to be the cheapest, that's where my mate got hers from and someone else researched it on here recently and had it sent to Melbourne but I can't remember who.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thank you - someone has kindly offered me some so I think I am covered.

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Luka. I'm a newbie here too, felt such relief when I found this thread to finally find some information and people in the same boat as us. I've just made contact with Cape Fertility Clinic and am wading through their information so I'm right at the beginning of the process. Can I ask which donor agencies you're looking at?
    Good luck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Test results back BFN

It's disappointing that even with ED you are still playing the stupid IVF dice game that everyone here will be familiar with.

Not sure where we go from here or whether this is the end of the line.
    Very sad. Good luck to everyone hope you have better luck than we did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope44 View Post
    Hi all,

Test results back BFN

It's disappointing that even with ED you are still playing the stupid IVF dice game that everyone here will be familiar with.

Not sure where we go from here or whether this is the end of the line.
    Very sad. Good luck to everyone hope you have better luck than we did.
    So sorry to hear this Hope. Take some time to re-group and make decisons later. For now you have every right to be upset, frustrated and disappointed. It is still a numbers game with DE IVF which is very cruel.
    Thinking of you.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Hope44  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear that Hope. It's heartbreaking. Agree with Emski. Big hugs. Take care.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Hope44  (27-04-2014)