Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi just a quick one - does anyone have any spare/leftover Gestone? I'm really reluctant to go back on Crinone and only have 4 gestone left - please contact me if you do. I'm wondering if I can get Dr Le Roux to do me a script and get it through the international pharmacy. Stupid because I have Crinone galore!

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski - I never went on to the crinone. My FS here in Sydney advised that I could use 400mg progesterone pessaries (which was the equivalent). Id heard bad stories for crinone and decided to go the pessary route instead.
    It was a bit more faffing about, but Was my preference.. Saying that, when I go back this time Im going to get 2x the amount of gestone and see if they will let me use it all the way through.. Its just one injection a day and less hassle.
    Has anyone else done this themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If I have to go back Helon I'd be asking for Gestone all the way, even though your **** hurts like hell it seems to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I have been reading this forum for a week (still haven't read it all!) but getting there. I was hoping I can join your forum as my hubby and I are now embarking on the DE route. We have been TTC for 4 years, have done 7 IVF's, had 3 MC's (2 natural, 1 IVF) and a lot of heartache. This forum is so inspiring. I would never have considered DE until I read all this invaluable information. You ladies are amazing. Thank you for starting this thread. It has answered pretty much everything I was needing to know.

We are aiming to do DE in Cape Town in August. We are just deciding on our donor now. We are going to look at having a lovely holiday there too. We haven't been OS since our honeymoon 3 years ago.

Good luck everyone doing cycles now and congratulations on all the recent BFP's.

Luca

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Welcome Luca! Glad you made it on here and congratulations on choosing your donor - you too Myheart!

Em x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Makeba,

thank god you had a scan before you left. I felt a bit weird about not having one I have to admit, and next time (if there is a next time) will be sure to organise this even if I have to pay for and do it privately. It's a long way to go and a lot of money to spend to find out your body isn't ready.

I hope that things go smoothly for you from here on in xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeba View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted but have been checking in and so good to see all the new arrivals (babies and newbies).

I'm hopeless at personals so a big hello to everyone. Just a quick refresher about our journey.. We have travelled to CPT twice in the last 12 months and to no avail. Due to fly out on Thursday last week for our third attempt. I had a scan on Wednesday morning and Dr H at CF noticed something a miss with my results. Suggested I have urgent blood tests Thursday am. My FS was able to assist and I had results within two hours of my test.. I was ovulating even though I was on progononva. Apparently this can happen in 5% of women. So we cancelled our flights, within 3 hours of departure. This hasn't happened to me before but next cycle I will be closely monitored and will be using HRT in addition to prognonva. My takeaway from this past experience is to get a scan and blood test before departing ( a few days before). I don't want to alarm anyone this is just what happened to me and what I need to do for my next cycle.
    So now we are hoping to head over in June.
    For those that are in Cape Town enjoy, Saturday market at Woodstock is amazing.. Breaky at biscuit mill is one of my favorite things to do in CPT!

Everyone else heading over in the coming months good luck!

Makey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Luca and welcome! This thread is definitely a life line through all this such a wealth of info and support. Good luck with finding your donor.

Emski, sorry have never used gestone and actually a little worried as i've never had any issues on crinone in my own egg cycles so dreading the painful jab in the but. Also a quick question for you, when did you start taking your prednisolone tablets? They want me to start clexane jabs when i start the progynova but have said nothing about prednisolone until i have my appointment with Dr LR on the 19th May when normally i would start this day 1 of stims. My results showed only slightly elevated levels of 16 (told up to 12 is normal) but just do not want to take any risks if i can help it.

Makeba, aghh, that is a little frustrating and annoying when our bodies just don't behave as they are supposed to. Glad they will keep a tight eye on you for next cycle. Thanks for the heads up i will book an appointment here just to check everything before i leave now just in case. Roll on July for you!

JodiW, thanks they have explained they want me on the clexane for my MTHFR as there is an increased risk of blood clotting since i am compound heterozygous MTHFR. I got a little excited yesterday when we got the all clear to go ahead but hubby was very much nonchalant about it all as after so many BFN's it is a little hard to get too excited too soon. Sending tonnes of positive sticky baby dustyour way. Same to you Helenonwheels, not long till you are on your way too and keeping everything tightly crossed.
    We are looking to arrive on the 18th May, so not sure if this will overlap with anyone?
    Where are you ladies staying in CT, I've just started looking and thinking central or possibly camps bay area which has been recommended by a South African friend as a nice spot. Any other accommodation recommendations would be great, I know many of you have posted already but have forgotten which thread they were in.

Hope those visa come through ok babi jani and you have a good trip.

Would someone mind also sending me the contact details of the wonderful driver Danny as we are still not 100% sure if we will hire a car or not at this point.

Great news on another strong Beta January!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Sunflower, I started 10mgs of pred when I started progynova, and am weaning off as of yesterday.
    Hope that helps
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    If I have to go back Helon I'd be asking for Gestone all the way, even though your **** hurts like hell it seems to work.
    Hi Emski,
    Curious about this Gestone - do you have to inject in your butt? Do you do that yourself or does your DH do it for you. Does it hurt more than the usual stunning needle? (Can't remember what that was called).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hi All,

I have been reading this forum for a week (still haven't read it all!) but getting there. I was hoping I can join your forum as my hubby and I are now embarking on the DE route. We have been TTC for 4 years, have done 7 IVF's, had 3 MC's (2 natural, 1 IVF) and a lot of heartache. This forum is so inspiring. I would never have considered DE until I read all this invaluable information. You ladies are amazing. Thank you for starting this thread. It has answered pretty much everything I was needing to know.

We are aiming to do DE in Cape Town in August. We are just deciding on our donor now. We are going to look at having a lovely holiday there too. We haven't been OS since our honeymoon 3 years ago.

Good luck everyone doing cycles now and congratulations on all the recent BFP's.

Luca
    Welcome Luca! Glad you found this thread. It's do full of info and some amazing supportive women.
    Good luck picking you donor and hope all goes to plan for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (04-05-2014)