Closed Thread
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Esperanza - thanks so much for your reply and fingers crossed and positive thoughts to you in SA.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

January - thank you for the role call - it is so lovely that you compile the information...You can move me to donor chosen...!

Wish - your boy is too cute. It is so sweet to see someone go through what most of us have been through and then to have some light at the end of the long tunnel...

Patsy - welcome..!

Esperanza - enjoy yourself in SA and let those young healthy embryo/s be transfered with happiness and joy - I sound like a real hippie but I have realised that stress and doubt can bring on what we dread... I over think everything and a friend of mine who never worries about anything got pregnant at 43 (first baby) in less than 6 months, naturally...!! She said she would do it and she did...

Em - so sorry to hear about your ordeal... can you still take gestone with Lynn? Did you question why she moved you to crinone? Can you move to pessaries? Don't stress yourself with the bleeding a friend of mine is 41, got pregnant naturally and has been spotting and some cramps since she found out she was pregnant - she is 13 weeks now and all is healthy... some women do spot - maybe you have a future world cup soccer player in there and he/she is moving around so much...!! Please try to relax - watch some romantic or funny movies...get you mind off things.... You can do it...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-04-2014),wishmeluck  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone on your pill info but thankfully I've just received an email from cfc as our results are in and our donor is all clear of any CF causing variants So we are all good to go. I have my treatment plan, though a few questions as they've not included protocol for NKC and have me starting clexane on the 3rd May when I've usually not started this to post egg collection? Eek, nervously excited and now onto booking flights and accommodation as we should be on our way in 3 weeks.

Emski, sorry about your bleed scare but great news on a heartbeat, agree lots of positive thoughts and rest.

myheart, congrats on choosing your donor. Good to see some women are lucky enough to fall naturally at our age. I always thought I would have twin boys and holding onto these positive vibes

Welcome patsy, cfc have been great. I too already had all the tests they needed from previous own ivf cycles but sure your GP can organise for you.

laned, happy 1st birthday for your little one.

Here's to us all being able to celebrate our miracles one day soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted but have been checking in and so good to see all the new arrivals (babies and newbies).

I'm hopeless at personals so a big hello to everyone. Just a quick refresher about our journey.. We have travelled to CPT twice in the last 12 months and to no avail. Due to fly out on Thursday last week for our third attempt. I had a scan on Wednesday morning and Dr H at CF noticed something a miss with my results. Suggested I have urgent blood tests Thursday am. My FS was able to assist and I had results within two hours of my test.. I was ovulating even though I was on progononva. Apparently this can happen in 5% of women. So we cancelled our flights, within 3 hours of departure. This hasn't happened to me before but next cycle I will be closely monitored and will be using HRT in addition to prognonva. My takeaway from this past experience is to get a scan and blood test before departing ( a few days before). I don't want to alarm anyone this is just what happened to me and what I need to do for my next cycle.
    So now we are hoping to head over in June.
    For those that are in Cape Town enjoy, Saturday market at Woodstock is amazing.. Breaky at biscuit mill is one of my favorite things to do in CPT!

Everyone else heading over in the coming months good luck!

Makey x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

thembs  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    cross everything for me girls and bloke!
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110[/QUOTE]

Ohh em, ohh me, must be soo scary for you.... Hope you feel better soon and you bun arrive Save and healthy when it the time... Everything cross for you..xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading Esperanza update I realized we have not decided or arranged pick up for air port, kindly help who already been to ct. We are residing close to CFC ( hubby choice) so would it be very far from air port. If we take taxi would I be safe. And how much should we keep handy for rent.

I heard there is one person who drive text and can be tour guide ... I think Danny was his name ... Can anyone give me his contact???

about visa.... No response yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Makey what a pain in the bum, I hadn't even thought if that happening. I'm having my scan over there on Friday.

Em me glad to hear the heartbeat was present, this clexane stuff is pretty horrid isn't it. I'm taking it but not too keen about it.

Rrainbow thanks for the info much appreciated, you must be so excited not long now

Wish congratulations you are not alone, I was sole carer for Matty when he was born up til he was 10 months old then we went on hols and hubby started bonding with him. I didn't have family for help either its tough but once you get into a routine it's easier.

Biba I hope your visa comes through soon

sunflower I was told to start clexane 2 weeks before transfer

Laned I hope Will had a fab birthday I'm sure he was spoilt rotten

Im not sure if I have posted since, just in case congrats January.

Emjj congrats

esperanza good luck fingers crossed for you

sorry if I have missed anyone, I have been in Qld we were renovating a house I was getting updates but not able to post. Back home now and leaving for CT Wednesday. I'm not excited I actually don't think the cycle will work and would postpone it if I wasn't going back to work. Renos aren't great on the health all those toxins you are meant to be staying away from have been my environment not to mention I havent been eating nor drinking properly for that matter due to lack of a kitchen and top it off I've been missing some of the prednisolone tablets, just simply forgot them so not much hope here, all in all it's been a very stressful month.

Good luck everyone over there now or about to embark on their journey

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-04-2014),wishmeluck  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

I will go through and catch up on all your personals later today. I hope you are all doing fine

Blood tests yesterday all good.

14/4 beta hcg 90
    16/4 beta hcg 214
    24/4 beta hcg 10,200

Everything on track

Can't quite believe it as we had so many dramas with our cycle!!!

Love, positive vibes and baby dust to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great to see January! Congrats again.

Jodi, good luck with your trip. You don't seem positive about it but sometimes it just works anyway! My fingers are crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies (and gent)..
    Been lurking around over the last few weeks. Things are getting busy, busy for us again.
    After our heartbreak - we are now 'positively' looking forward to our trip. Cant believe we head back in under 2 weeks.

Jodi - I received your PM and will get back to you about a catch up in CT. It'll be a rush but would love to see you. we are in green point too, so shouldn't be too hard to work out the logistics.
    I share your feelings of doubt.
    Its just so difficult to be positive when i'm terrified that we could go through the same thing again. Maybe the nonchalant attitude will bring you good luck - as the stress has all but been eradicated??? Lets hope? Im just trying to put one foot in front of the other. With being a FET, I know the success rate is lower - but who knows. Im just so very anxious.

I've been so busy trying to get all my clients up to date before I head off.. Which although a pain - its keeping my mind occupied. That said, I still have to work whilst in CT, but im trying to limit that before I go.. Hence no postings from me for the last few weeks... its been head down, bum up for me!!!

I took my depot last Thursday so I'm now just starting with the joys that are... night sweats, headaches, etc. Thank god I start the Progynova on Monday to start to try to level me out a bit!!

Rainbow.. Im so very pleased that you are so close.. Fingers crossed for a painfree (and stress free) delivery. Cant wait to see some pics and hear of your exhausted night feeds etc. You should be due just as im landing in CT.. xxx

January - im so glad that your beta is good and you are well on your way..

Emski - try not to be too concerned. Clexane can be a nightmare when handling what (should be) a normal bit of spotting.. Keep off your feet. xxx

to everyone else.. I am trying to keep up with all your stories... ITs a busy little thread on here these days isn't it??

If anyone is going to be in CT from 8th - 21st May.. Let me know..
    would be lovely to catch up.
    xxxxx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Helonweels For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-04-2014)