Closed Thread
Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We did it the night before - we actually joked though it was the least action ever on a holiday due to DH having to build up his 'stores' for 3 days for his fresh sample and then another 3 days later to freeze just in case... and yet we're up the duff!

Sent from my GT-P5110

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Ejj what wonderful news xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MrsErin and Emski. I thought it was ok before. So when do the guys actually have to give the fresh sample? Is it the day of egg retrieval or the day of the lining scan? I don't think the clinic have told me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

last 3 months I was following you.... Cried in your hard times and and danced when heard your good news..... Never got courage to write ... Though read all the part from back word.....this thread is a treasure for anyone who is interested in egg donation in South Africa.

Ai bit about myself ..... Been married for 3 years ...DH been diagnosed with non obstructive azoospermia even before we were married so we know we had slim chances of success... However I belong from a country where we don't have much of high technology available readily. Still we had PESA, TESA in our home country.... no sperm was found. However our last resort was Dubai where only two clinic offer Micro TESE. We opt for Dr. fakih clinic in 2013 April / June.. Cut the long story short we spend our life saving in it and resulted nothing as I was the one who only produced two immature egg. Before this I was never the center of attention so I had no idea what was happening in my body... Though all my test report were feb. Even when I was stimming and getting my scan done I had over 15 follies looking good measurement.

Well the according to fakih one egg did got mature over night. But no fertilization has happened due to poor morphology and mortality. We came back devastated with empty hand as we had emptied our bank accounts and used all the savings.

We didnt give up. I read about egg donation in other UK blog site and discussed with DH. I m dyslexic and I know I could pass that to my gene. I don't want my child to go through what I go through so double donation was the best option.

We got the ball rolling in dec last year. Contacted CFC and nurture. Selected the donor who initially said yes to us. But fall pregnant within week... So we had to re chose it ... (Can't tell you this all was so difficult bcz of last failures we are already so touchy) then the payment to agency took ages as some problem with master card transition as happening the receiver bank. Took us over 20 days to make payments...then we chose our sperm donor... Which luckily was closest to our choice.

An other hurdle was medicines. We don't get that medicines locally so I had to ask my sister in UK. to order and post them to me. Which she did but She order them wrong... So I had reorder. Paid twice for both and postage.

The next is visa. South African embassy was closed for visa for two months. Starting from feb to April and our travel agent had never told us. As We booked the flts, booked the accommodation, and opt for visa as this is requirement from SA embassy...and was told the visa issuance is closed.

We had to put everything was on hold. But I would like to mentioned that CFC and nurture both been very helpful and encouraging. Even Heidi wrote to embassy on CFC behalf to get us visa proses urgently but all gone in vain as they never reply back.

since the I was on pill from April and had my treatment plan issued already I didn't know what to do. Finally we applied for visa last week when the embassy started taking application. After so many calls and letters and emails nothing has happened so far. Since we are book for May. I had to take my injection on first day of period which after discussing with dr. Haylen I took last nite but not started prognova yet

So if we get visa timely we will fly on 2nd of my bcz we rebooked our flts. If not they will freeze embryo as it's double donation n will transfer once we reached. I don't want frozen transfer and killing myself over it but nothing in our hand till we don't get visa.

through out our journey only this thread made me hopeful. Every time I wanted to give up I would start rereading and the courage come of me. I love you all by core of my heart. I can't do personal bcz I can't remember names (one of the thing bcz of my learning disability) but I m happy for each one of you for your happiness and hurt for your loses.

Pls forgive me so such big me post but I feel you all are close to me to I wanted to shear.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

ejj87  (19-04-2014),emski72  (19-04-2014),Esperanza  (19-04-2014),January  (19-04-2014),thembs  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Biba, what a pallava! So sorry to hear your story. BIG HUGS. I'm happy that you never gave up. Sounds like you are a strong person and you are not too far away from your dream. I hope you get your visas asap. I know of an agency that can help you get the visa within 48hrs but it's more money unfortunately. Inbox me and I will send you the details. Good luck for this cycle, I have my fingers and everything crossed for you xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thembs For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank thembs. I can't seem to access to pm or inbox... I m trying hard but I can't. May be I m not yet given premission as it took me days to get access to post as well. Can you try to inbox me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Biba jani For This Useful Post:

thembs  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
    Thanks MrsErin and Emski. I thought it was ok before. So when do the guys actually have to give the fresh sample? Is it the day of egg retrieval or the day of the lining scan? I don't think the clinic have told me.
    The morning of the donors egg retrieval.

Sent from my GT-P5110

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Biba jani View Post
    Thank thembs. I can't seem to access to pm or inbox... I m trying hard but I can't. May be I m not yet given premission as it took me days to get access to post as well. Can you try to inbox me
    Welcome and thanks for sharing your story - you have been through so much. I hope your visa comes quickly now!
    You need to post 10 times or something to be able to private message on here... perhaps do a few small posts here to get up to 10.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Biba jani - what a story, thank you for sharing with us. I really hope you get your visa in time, you and your DH must be so frustrated. Having just returned for a second time I cannot recommend CFC and the team in Cape Town highly enough. You have made a great decision to go there. May your cycle go to plan and your dreams come true

16. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biba - it sounds like you have certainly been through a lot. I'm really hoping the visa gets sorted quickly for you. Wishing you all the best for your journey.

Emski - thanks so much hun.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (19-04-2014)