Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I typed Jodi and it auto corrected to Jodie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

Congrats on the great betas ladies.

JodiW, I also think it's about 4 weeks for the intralipids. I would have them 7-14 days before transfer, and then again after positive preg test.

Blinky, how are you doing? Thinking of you.

AFM, big week. It's our donors screening today and we also have preliminary dates from CFC. Looks like transfer on June 9, unless DH can get out of a work commitment and then it could be June 2. I was a bit worried we'd have no time for a holiday before getting to Cape Town due to needing Intralipid beforehand but I'm now having that in CT which is really handy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

January  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great that your donor is in for screening MrsErin! Hope it all goes smoothly xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 well done on the numbers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope44 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great numbers Em

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi, you have your intralipids a few days before transfer then a month after. I never did my second dose after I fell pregnant as I had mild nk cells.

Not long now. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by January View Post

ejj87 - have you cycled already? I may have missed something but I notice in your signature that perhaps you have been to SA in March?
    Hi January and all

My apologies for not replying straight away. Firstly I did not want to tempt fate (as you can see from my signature I have been in the trenches a bit).

Secondly, I wanted January to enjoy her moment of glory to the max and enjoy the well deserved congrats – well done again January, Em, and this years other graduates Heather and Angel and Twirley. Very sorry for the ones like Blinky could not make it so far this year – next time for sure (from the stats, this is all about logic now not blind hope).

My history is that I had to wait before trying for a baby after a very severe illness and a very long time in hospital. After 5 years of recovery I started trying for a baby but found I needed IVF at around from age 37. Time was not on my side now. The first few went well but after that the quality seemed to go down.

13 cycles later we were left with little choice but SA – we had given it everything - spurred on by the info on this forum decided to try early March. We were with Dr LR and Nurture. Dr LR was absolutely fantastic – very kind and considerate. Nurture were 100% supportive all the way through. Our Donor was young and a first timer. Her qualities immediately connected with us and she seemed very kind. Everything was proved to be true from communications and well wishes exchanged between us and the agency. A wonderful person. In fact the whole CFC team, Donor and Nurture are wonderful as is Cape Town. The medical setup is also world class. You even see the embryo going into the catheter on the screen. Very impressive.

We could only risk 1 embryo at transfer due to my health concerns. We had 1 clearly hatching blast and 11 more frozen – this helped take away some of the pressure (expecting the worst we were already planning return trips - you get a bit like this after so many failures).

The day before the test we saw a very faint line – it got clearer the morning of the test but still faint. The blood test came back with a great level (140) and all other levels have been super. We have just had our 7 week US and saw a heartbeat and a lovely little individual starting to grow. We are so happy. The whole thing, the trip and the people have been unforgettable. Although everything has gone so smoothly, still shell shocked from previous attempts, it’s still hard not to be a tab on edge (hence the delay of my news)

Well done to all the successes and good luck to anyone going back or going to SA for the first time. You are all an incredibly gutsy lot.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (17-04-2014),emski72  (17-04-2014),January  (17-04-2014),laned  (17-04-2014),thembs  (17-04-2014),Tittle  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ejj87 - Massive congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your journey

I know the shell shocked feeling.

Hope all continues perfectly for you
    Last edited by January; 17-04-2014 at 20:20.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

ejj87  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow ejj87, congratulations. You give me hope as we can only transfer one embryo too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ejj87  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January and Emski...Congratulations!! I am beyond thrilled for you!! All the best for the most wonderful months ahead as you enjoy your pregnancies. Also to you ejj87, what a lovely story and wishing you the warmest of good wishes for your pregnancy also. It's an amazing time, full of worry but equally full of joy.

Thank you for all the good wishes on the birth of our twins last month. Life is wonderful but busy, busy, busy (and loving every moment of it!). I don't get much of a chance to read the posts - just a quick skim at best so I'm still not quite up to date with everyone's news I'm sorry but good luck to all and I look forward to hearing more success stories.

Amethyst

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amethyst13 For This Useful Post:

ejj87  (17-04-2014),emski72  (17-04-2014),January  (17-04-2014)