Closed Thread
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good numbers emski, I'd be super happy with that.

Congrats feather!
    Heres to a happy and healthy 8 months ladies.

I also have slightly elevated NKC came back at 16 but was only going to do the bondi protocol of pred & clexane. Hope this will be enough.

Sunny, hope Jesse's jaundice disappears soon.

Blinky, sending hugs. How old is your donor? ours is 30.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours was/is 27

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Congratulations Feather!
    What age donor did you choose and what was your result(BFP/ BFN)?
    I'd be interested to see if there was a correlation...
    Hi Blinky - good luck today - I really feel for you having to go through this extra wait

I have been looking at this recent article - there seems to be a correlation with number of eggs received and egg (chromosome ) quality - this seems to be reflected in many of the results on this forum (although not all)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26663750 - you would expect - for similar sim protocalls - a younger donor to produce more eggs. Nothing is set in stone though and I guess you have to trust your intuition sometimes.

Well done Feather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Blinky, thinking of you Hun. How ridiculous that you have had to wait. Did you go back to Wazza for bloods? I did all my post SA transfer follow up with him.

As as for age of our donor, she was 22. We have no male factor issues other than an acromysome enzyme issue (that is overcome with ICSI). Our donor produced 14 eggs, 8 fertilised and we had 2 left to transfer on day 5, with none to freeze. Thankfully by some miracle we got our son.

Our donor smoked, which I can't help but think may have had an impact.

Did you do the prednisone, Clexane, feldene protocol?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feather - congratulations Hun, such a wonderful result. Xx

Sunny - our little man had difficulties also and was very jaundice with loads of urate crystals in his nappies. We had him in filtered sunlight for a while. It's very stressful. We ended up having to comp feed him as he was just too jaundice and dehydrated. Likewise he lost a heap of weight before coming home and took quiet a while to catch up. Hope all will settle soon. Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's official - it's a BFN for us.

Laned- I didn't do my BT with Wazza, I didn't want to waste his time (or my $$) when we already had a strong indication of the answer... Hence the added wait.
    I did do his immune protocol of clexane, pred, feldene etc as I have stage III endo and some immune issue in my family. (Lupus etc)

I emailed DrLR about whether we should have done PICSI because of some MFI issues but he dismissed this as unnecessary. He also said the lab was happy with the sample given on the day. So who knows?? Our donor is 27, no smoker, and gave us 14 eggs of which 8 fertilised but apparently by day 5 showed some signs of fragmentation. He has suggested if we do go again to pick a new donor... This isn't something we are entertaining at the moment. I am investigative by nature so I still would like to feel like I know what when wrong..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    So it's official - it's a BFN for us.
    Very sorry to hear that news Blinky Please spoil yourself a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats feather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky, so sorry hon. This whole IVF process is so hard and frustrating and as someone has mentioned does just seem to be a numbers game which does not help give us answers or make this any easier.
    I also worry about my hubbies sperm quality but have been told numerous times that if they fertilise the eggs then the bulk of there job is done and in younger eggs if there is a weakness they will carry the 'slack'. Still can't quite get my head around this as I'd think it would be just as important too.
    I wonder if we should have gone with a younger donor but not sure if a couple of years would make that much difference, the drop offs in results really do not seem to make an impact till after mid 30's but then I guess there are exceptions to every rule. Plus my dr reminded me that there is the time after they transfer that they just have no idea what is really going on.

Sending the biggest hugs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and gent
    Quick update from me here but first i just wanted to say sorry to hear your news Blinky, it sucks. And emski and feather congrats.
    Afm - we have frozen 16 of our embies at day 3 in case we want to microarray them.The other 8 we grew to day 5 and microarrayed them and have 2 left, one boy one girl and they have been frozen. Actually we are a bit shocked that 6 were abnormal, as they were all 8 cell and looked fab. But in the end the only 2 that were hatching and chromosomally normal were the 2 left. My lining has been a total no go, still fluid in my uterus so I don't want to risk putting either of my 2 in. Makes us wonder how many of our other frozen ones are normal..... Anyways I'll be back in 4 or 5 weeks, depending on how it goes. Should only need to be here for 3 or 4 days hopefully. Fingers crossed the fluid goes with AF and doesn't come back!
    We are still in Thailand but have extended our stay in hua hin so it is more like an extended beach holiday.
    Anyways, hi to all!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozby For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (10-04-2014)