Closed Thread
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies, After some advice / reassurance... I have stared bleeding slightly. I am 6dp5dt and my FRER tests have been getting much darker since 5dp5dt and showing clear double lines now.. The bleeding is freaking me out... has anyone else had this? I have mild cramping, but nothing severe. Beta is Monday
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Em - don't stress. A friend of mine is 9.5 weeks pregnant, she is 41 and got pregnant naturally. She has been spotting from early with mild cramps and her doctor told her all is good... she is not worried and has since seen the heartbeat and is progressing. I have heard that about 30% spot in early pregnancy... The stress may be hurting you more than the spotting... You should remind yourself that you have two lovely blasts with young eggs from a donor who has had children.. the chances are very good that all is fine... I have my fingers crossed for you. The darker line is a very good sign - it is early and you have two strong lines..that is great..!!! Have faith in that...

Abundance - you gave me some advice on donors in Australia - thank you for that. I asked my doctor and she is only concerned about a donor who has a recently had a baby if she is breast feeding as she can't breast feed while on the ivf cycle. My donor is not breast feeding.

My donor's mum has MS - does anyone know if this is a problem...?? Her aunty does not have MS nor does her grandmother or her sister... I am not sure if I should select another donor? I am using a donor in Australia (freash cycle) but if the MS is a problem I may go with The World Egg Bank instead...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

emski72  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski – oooh I can imagine you are terrified with the bleeding, but how exciting is that, that you have those strong double lines & so early – so a pregnancy will show up that early…!? I’ve heard lots of ladies spot too… but I’d still be freaking out… but try not to if you can.

January – Oh my gosh… what a story and thank you for sharing, I can only imagine how stressful that whole time would have been… you must be so relieved for it to be over and to have 2 excellent embryos on board – I have a feeling this is going to be your turn . Gee your hubby has done a good job . Imagine the pressure on a 3rd sample We can’t forget our darlings in this journey. It’s reassuring to hear the clinic has gone over & beyond to save your cycle. I have everything in sundry crossed for you!

BJ04 – Geeze that scared the living daylights out of me too…. Something so natural can go so horribly wrong so quickly…. The team that looked after you and your OB sound amazing, it must be surreal holding your miracle baby Thanks for mentioning the paperwork, I woudnt have thought of that either.

Allieoop – your post made me laugh & smile & warmed my heart.

Lozby – what an amazing result, gee whiz, who would have thought – there’s definitely got to be some winners in the field! Its lovely you got to meet your donor, its something I would love to do too, but obviously cant in SA. What a special moment.

Good luck to all the girls (& guys) in the 2 week wait.
    Last edited by sootymay; 05-04-2014 at 15:25.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

January  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow ladies is all that I can say. What an amazing bunch of women I am surrounded with on this forum. The stories I have read over the past few days have brought tears to my eyes - from those of you that I have known from back when I joined this amazing forum right up to the ladies (and DH ) who have recently joined.

BJ - I was absolutely shocked to read your story. I am so glad that you and Sebastian are through all of that and healthy and happy.

Allie - congrats on the safe arrival of Madeline Suzanne. How wonderful that she also looks like you as well. I must tell you ... my biological 12 year old from my first marriage looks absolutely NOTHING like me. Genetics are funny that way it really is the luck of the draw.

My darling friend January - I am just so happy that I could help you a little bit, because you helped me so much in the lead up to my cycle. Shared so much information with me and really made it all quite familiar for me instead of a big jump into a black hole. I am just so so happy that your cycle turned out so well. I have my fingers crossed for you and all the ladies who have just been to CT that the outcome is positive.

Emski - don't stress. Bleeding or a little spotting this early on can be caused by implantation. Also, be prepared as if you are taking clexane, you might also experience a little more bleeding. I had a bit of spotting when I first returned from SA also and then had another bleed at about the 8-9 week mark. The ultrasound showed that it was nowhere near the bub and it all went away.

ErinR - your post made me laugh as well. But be careful with those ones, as I received several faint positives on those tests then the blood tests confirmed I was not pregnant. I found the digital ones far more reliable - but I did have one test that just did not work at all... which is annoying when you have just paid $20 for them! I could not be bothered to go through the process of sending it back to get a refund, so I did the next illogical thing and went out and bought another one!!!

Lozby - hoping that your lining does it's thing before you return to oz to save you having to go back in 6 weeks time... but it sounds like you are very open to be able to do that, so have no doubt that no matter what it will be all right for you sooner or later.

AFM - 34 weeks today. Feeling healthier than ever. The stitches in my shoulder are not as painful, so sleeping is a breeze again now... except for the 5 or so times I have to get up to go to the toilet every night.

If I've missed anybody hope you are all well?

RBx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

January  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone! i am a newbie on this forum Me and my DH are the process of organising our first trip to Cape Town for DE cycle. We are using donor eggs Australia @ Bondi. After reading few posts i do not understand to why they insist that we stay in Cape own for 14 night after our first appt at the clinic? Is there anyone who can answer this question?
    Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome GirlFromSydney, my understanding is that you should plan for a minimum 12 day stay. If you go through the stories shared on this thread you will see that appointment dates, EPU and transfer dates can vary as our current cycle has. We should have been well and truly home by now if it had gone to the original plan. This is something you have little control over so best to err on the side of caution and give yourself enough time.

AllieOop - yay congratulations on the arrival of your little girl

Emski72 - great that the lines are darkening! I hope you are managing to relax and not stressing too much xx

Lozby - hope you get to transfer soon. Fabulous numbers you must be ecstatic.

Thanks again ladies for all your words of support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by myheart View Post
    Hi ladies,

Em - don't stress. A friend of mine is 9.5 weeks pregnant, she is 41 and got pregnant naturally. She has been spotting from early with mild cramps and her doctor told her all is good... she is not worried and has since seen the heartbeat and is progressing. I have heard that about 30% spot in early pregnancy... The stress may be hurting you more than the spotting... You should remind yourself that you have two lovely blasts with young eggs from a donor who has had children.. the chances are very good that all is fine... I have my fingers crossed for you. The darker line is a very good sign - it is early and you have two strong lines..that is great..!!! Have faith in ...
    Thank you so much, I needed to hear this. I ended up using a crinone on top of the PIO as you cant have too much progesterone.... it seems to have stopped again and the cramping is mild but noticeable, I just feel a little 'off'. I also had 2 more hours sleep so that has helped.
    Thanks to all who have reassured me, my rational mind knows this can happen but all things rational went out the window when iI saw the blood!

Myheart, I don't know about MS, I just googled that sort of stuff when I came across a donor who had medical history issues to see if they were considered hereditary

Em x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies just deciding to join this thread and research other options overseas. Was wondering which egg donation service is best for CFC? Emski which one did you go with, if you don't mind me asking?

good luck to all the pupo and soon to be pupo ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Butterfly , we used a babySA and they were great. You're best off going with the agency who has the donor you love though, pricing ranges from about 1450 aud for AbabySA to I think zbout 2300 aud for some of the others. There's no real difference in service that I could tell.
    Look at
    Giftovlife
    Nurture
    Sunshine
    EDSA
    AbabySa
    To get an idea

Good luck!
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - the Crinone could have been what caused the bleeding as it sometimes causes irritation. Did you add the Crinone ontop of the PIO before or after the bleeding started?