First wedding anniversary | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A magazine subscription? Or a newspaper one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    For ours (this was nearly 11 years ago lol) I made a framed canvas with one of our wedding invitations as a background with some poetry from the wedding booklet and a wedding pic - we were poor youngin's but we still look back on it fondly!

Now though with etsy and madeit you could have something custom designed and printed like the lyrics to the song you danced to or walked down the aisle to, or a reading or poem or speech that was made - anything really!
    Dh did something similar to this as his gift to me- he had our vows (we wrote our own) printed on to a canvas and the back ground was one of our fave wedding pics.

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Because funds are tight and we have so much stuff in boxes (due to both our parents moving house recently) we've decided no presents but will book a night in the hotel we got married in. We can get it cheaper on lastminute.com.au so therefore our confirmation will be printed on paper. Winning haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Bumpmakes2  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Because funds are tight and we have so much stuff in boxes (due to both our parents moving house recently) we've decided no presents but will book a night in the hotel we got married in. We can get it cheaper on lastminute.com.au so therefore our confirmation will be printed on paper. Winning haha.
    That;s really good to know! I think it's better that way because going back to places that were significant in your relationship will bring back not so distant memories and remind you how you fell in love with each other! Sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh congrats! X mine is coming up in June so needed some ideas too... Have no idea!
    I was thinking however sound waves of our vows on paper and framing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh congrats! X mine is coming up in June so needed some more ideas too...
    I was thinking however sound waves of our vows on paper and framing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we did the paper. We just wrote each other love notes. Simple...we were going through a very tough time financially and couldnt afford much. Was lovely though

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did paper, I have DH a money order and he got a new fishing rod (so romantic haha), he loved it!
    My present was amazing, we had a page in a Bridal mag of our wedding - he had the page blown up and framed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Can't afford tickets to go anywhere unfortunately :-(

I like the concept of the first song but there is a bit of a story there. The DJ played the wrong song for our first dance (even though I had it all set up for him) so we ended up dancing to "I honestly love you" which was soooo slow and horrible. I had chosen all the music for the key points of the day (as I have been involved in music since I was about 4, so I'm very picky. I'd had my songs picked out for many many years!). DH couldn't work out why I was so annoyed about it haha. It was really the only thing that went wrong on the day, so I'm very grateful, but for me it was a massive stuff up - I was going on about it for weeks lol. Even thinking about it now makes me angry. First world problem for sure!

A PowerPoint presentation of your favourite photos set to the song that was supposed to be played?? You could even start with Olivia Newton john and then cut to the song that you love??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Pinterest for getting creative. There is bound to be something there