+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default First wedding anniversary

So it's mine and DHs first wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks and I'm wanting creative suggestions for a present. I know first anniversary is "paper" and I have googled, but I'm hoping to be more creative than a gift voucher haha. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got dh a framed signed collectors poster of his favorite footy player.

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    For ours (this was nearly 11 years ago lol) I made a framed canvas with one of our wedding invitations as a background with some poetry from the wedding booklet and a wedding pic - we were poor youngin's but we still look back on it fondly!

Now though with etsy and madeit you could have something custom designed and printed like the lyrics to the song you danced to or walked down the aisle to, or a reading or poem or speech that was made - anything really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 1st Wedding Anniversary is coming up in April as well, I made DH a little book with photos and memories in it of our first year of marriage as a little memento of just the 2 of us as we are expecting bubba number 1 in May!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't that creative! I bought DH a book - his first one in 10 years! And an expensive bottle of scotch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I wasn't that creative! I bought DH a book - his first one in 10 years! And an expensive bottle of scotch.
    I was tempted to buy DH a collection of mini bottles of scotch as part of his present as he has been starting a collection of scotch since before we got married (and added to significantly thanks to duty free shopping on our honeymoon), but it's the paper aspect that I can't work out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    You could get tickets to something or make an origami box out of paper to put something in. Last idea is printing the lyrics to your wedding dance song and putting it in a frame with a picture of your first dance.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Some cute ideas here - https://www.etsy.com/au/market/1st_anniversary_gift
    Or what about plane tickets for a little getaway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As PP suggested - we went away just after our first anniversary and so our paper gift were our plane tickets. Otherwise tickets to a show or concert, or you could do a personalised book of vouchers for him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can't afford tickets to go anywhere unfortunately :-(

I like the concept of the first song but there is a bit of a story there. The DJ played the wrong song for our first dance (even though I had it all set up for him) so we ended up dancing to "I honestly love you" which was soooo slow and horrible. I had chosen all the music for the key points of the day (as I have been involved in music since I was about 4, so I'm very picky. I'd had my songs picked out for many many years!). DH couldn't work out why I was so annoyed about it haha. It was really the only thing that went wrong on the day, so I'm very grateful, but for me it was a massive stuff up - I was going on about it for weeks lol. Even thinking about it now makes me angry. First world problem for sure!