+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your recent Cape Town trip and your two beautiful embies on board. Good luck.

All the best with your cycle Loveabug, hope the head aches go away soon.

Glad you have your DD milestone to take away some of the pain of your BFN. She is gorgeous.

Twinkley I also did IUI and clomid (3 rounds) all unsuccessful with Shane Higgins, then changed to Wazza and got pregnant first IVF cycle with Wazza. It can take a while to get an appointment with Wazza, but I went on the cancellation list, so ended up only being a 1 month wait and was suppose to be 8 month wait. Wazza is a really special FS who really cares about his patients. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Blinky - I did nothing Hun, you are the courageous woman in this equation. Have everything crossed for you. Xx

Twinkly - hoping your time here is short and sweet. Albeit we weren't successful with our Wazza cycle, he was so very supportive of my DE cycle. He is an absolute gem. I only wished I had gone to him earlier in my IVF journey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (09-04-2014)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twinkley,
    I'm a Wazza fan too. I had 6 failed cycles with my previous FS and he could give me no explaination as to why. We were just classed as a difficult case.
    We tried one cycle with Wazza and although it failed he told us straight up that my eggs had been the issue. So we went with a diner under his advise (from my sister) and fell pregnant on our first donor cycle. It may not have gone the way we planned but after years of not having any explanation on why we couldn't get pregnant, he could finally tell us. My DD was well worth the wait.
    Good luck on any up coming cycles, hopefully your journey is short and sweet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Hi Twinkey ,
    Welcome!
    Who are you using at QFG at the moment?
    We were with Dr Peter Ganter he was more about letting you choose what to do but having said that there were no options presented it was more so what do you think you should do? I have PCOS and was not really explained what it meant was given a pamphlet and did most of the research myself to learn what it was and what it meant. So yeah not very impressed and esp when your shelling out big $$$ I would not be confident doing that for IVF when there is not a lot of encouragement or information provided. I get the whole don't want to give to much hope but a little enouragement is always calming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

ABH - Thank you I did 6 clomid cycles and one IUI with Peter Ganter. I have heard really good things about Wazza I think will try see when i can get an appointment with him. Congrads on the bub on board that is great on first IVF cycle.

Laned - My journey so far has been long 2 years feeling with our age we are running out of time so far counting have done 6 clomid cycles one IUI now been doing nauthropath potions and looking at IVF in the next month or two. Have heard all good things about Wazza so will have to see if I can get an appointment. Right now I just need a bit of hope. Sorry - What is a DE cycle?

ktKing - thanks i hear you 6 failed clomid cycles with no explaination and then oh well you can try IVF if you want but I also have PCOS and no explainations on that or why that might have been playing a part in it. Yeah we were a tough case too. But also told mild PCOS and DH is perfect so can't say why not working. Im hearing a theme here and its Wazza so i think an appointment would be well worth the wait and some answers to move forward are what we need right now. Im hoping its a short IVF journey.

Thank you so much ladies for all your input so great to hear all your experiences and recommendations this gives me hope have been feeling a bit dishearted recently this is one reason i love BH so much all the support and suggestions and help when we are all on that TTC journey. I never thought this would be this hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinkley - sorry "DE" means donor egg. We went to South Africa for an egg donor. X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after being married 10 1/2yrs I still impressed my DH this morning. Giving myself an injection this morning. All these years DH has been giving me all my injections until last cycle he couldn't be with me and my SIL wasn't always available I got brave. So this morning instead of waiting for DH I just did it and yes he was so impressed.
    It's the little things. Hahaha

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Loveabug! I found it hurt more when DH did them for me. I only let him a couple of times. I think he was a little to excited to stab me with a needle.

Okay, I have a question for you Wazza patients.
    Well as you all know, I found out on Friday that my FET was a BFN so I stopped all my meds, including Provera. Well AF has not yet shown up. From memory she always came either the day of my BFN or within a couple of days after. My question is, how long after stopping all meds does it usually take for AF to show up for you after a BFN? It has been 6 days (nearly 7) since my last Provera. I had the last 2 on Friday morning.

I'm going to call Wazzas office tomorrow if it still hasn't arrived.
    Not even a sign yet, no cramps or anything. This is weird for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it seemed I spoke to soon. She came this morning 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    KT I really have no words. I feel your pain. I'm so sorry you have to go through this all again. I always wanted a big family. Now I just want a sibling for DD. IVF sux
    Last edited by Loveabug; 11-04-2014 at 12:27.