+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prospective employer not playing by the rules?

Hi I am boiling mad,

Friday I found a preschool that was looking for staff and I do have the qualifications that are asking. My interview was today mid morning.

I left the centre last nite a detailed message saying my daughter was sick and please could I reschedule on Friday, I also rang 9 am and spoke to a lovely staff member who said such and such is not here yet please ring later.

Rang midday and got the irate husband who is not from this country because the owners told me they were previously on the phone. He demanded and shouted at me "what happens if your child is sick again, do you have a back up plan", excuse me do you have to shout at me I should have said but I felt put on the spot and I wasn't brought up to yell at prospective employers. We dont have any family here to help anyway.

How do I tell them I am not interested while maintaining my dignity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That guy sounds like a tool. Kids get sick- it happens. Surely ppl in the child care industry would understand this better than anyone.
    I would go with something like..

'Thankyou for the offer, I am humbled by your interest and appreciate your time this far; however I have decided to rethink my career goals at this point and no longer seek employment with XYZ company'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your kind reply I feel so empowered now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries!! It should have said 'thank you for your time THUS far..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Dear Sir, I don't want to work for an ar$rhole so I hereby withdraw my application. Your sincerely ...

Seriously a simple "I've withdrawn my applicAtion" should suffice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    honestly? if it were me I'd tell them exactly what I thought. and how rude he was.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (26-03-2014),Mulva  (26-03-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah. That is not on. 'Thankv you for your time and consideration of my application. I no longer wish to be considered for this position as our discussion via telephone on 25th of March has illustrated that your organisation is not compatible with my requirements for a family friendly workplace. Kind regards ....... '

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (27-03-2014),Green Cheese  (26-03-2014),haveheart  (28-03-2014),HippyGirl85  (26-03-2014),LaDiDah  (25-03-2014),Mezmerised  (27-03-2014),PinkPrint  (26-03-2014),Smyles  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies
    You are fantastic and def brought me laughter over this total ********. What saddens me is that management in businesses think its ok to behave in this manner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies
    '
    We have an update from the human rights of australia I spoke to somebody who is going to send me a Complaints Form in the mail and hopefully this dodgy preschool will be contacted to pull their standards up and abide by the laws of this country and never treat people like this again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sydneychick For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post

Rang midday and got the irate husband who is not from this country because the owners told me they were previously on the phone. He demanded and shouted at me "what happens if your child is sick again, do you have a back up plan", excuse me do you have to shout at me I should have said but I felt put on the spot and I wasn't brought up to yell at prospective employers. We dont have any family here to help anyway.
    I didn't understand your post OP, what do you mean by 'irate husband who is not from this country'?