+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I do the supernanny routine with my DS and he rarely ventures outside his room now. Occasionally he will say he needs to go to the toilet (he is toilet training) but mostly He just plays in his room until 9pm. We don't realise until he cries out because he has become stuck under his bed or something similar...
    dd constantly wants to go to the toilet at bedtime. she is almost toilet trained, but wears knickers to bed and rarely wets the bed anymore. she is just trying to get out of bed though, as she tells us she needs to go, we say if there are no wees she'll be in trouble (she's quite smart, and knows exactly what she's doing when she deliberately tells us the wrong thing), so she sits there straining until a tiny drip comes out lol. Either that, or she tells me she was tricking and climbs back into bed...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    This post I read this week has some interesting ideas.

http://amomwithalessonplan.com/mommy...etter-bedtime/
    thanks, that actually looks like it might work with my DD... will let you all know how we go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    yeah we have gone back to trying this multiple times, but whenever we do she just gets worse. she doesn't stay quietly until 10pm - she just keeps throwing tantrums and it's so draining. We put baby gates in her doorway around 6 months ago, which seemed to work, and they made her easier to get to sleep for the most part, but tonight we thought perhaps we would take them away, and she has been much more settled, even though she still took until 9.20 to fall asleep. Strange because the gates were never an issue before, but maybe she is becoming more aware of not being able to get out now that she is getting older...
    That couldn't defiantly be a factor! DD HATES being alone. She hates being on her own in a room & if I close the door she gets hysterical.

Since we've been leaving the door open so she can still hear the tv/mum/dad she is MUCH happier in her bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so the verdict: last night, without the baby gates, nothing changed. she was still the stressful child she has been and didn't sleep until nearly 10

So tonight, we tried the method that someone linked in this thread.
    Normal bedtime routine, had her in her room at 7. Told her she could play and tell me when she was ready to bed, that noisy play or coming out meant bedtime. She told me straight away she wanted bedtime, but I think she was just testing what would happen. I put her in bed but also made sure she knew she didn't have to climb in straight away. She then insisted on laying on the floor with her pillow. So she did. 5 minutes later, she was up reading books lol (she had been told quiet time was only reading books or cuddling her soft toys). She played quietly for around half an hour, then needed the toilet, so did that, but then decided to hit me when it was time to go back to her room. I tried to ignore her and just put her back into her room, but she hit me a few more times so I had to take her out to daddy for a growl. Anyway, after she had gotten in trouble, I just returned her to her room and she calmed down, apologised and asked to go to bed. I tucked her in and left. Heard noises about 15 mins later, so went to check, and she was putting her books away and wanted the music on (she has a leap pad book that plays lullabies). So I tucked her back in again and put the lullabies on. She was asleep two minutes after that.

So from start to finish, it took her from 7.00 to 8.20 to go to sleep. So much better than 10pm! Hopefully now she will get used to this routine and the sleep time will get earlier...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey that's great news! I'm glad I posted that blog post here! Keep us posted, hopefully it works every night.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

jussi  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    day 2: went to bed at 8.05 (late due to visitors), we decided to cut the day sleep today as well. She did all the same things as yesterday, including the post toilet tantrum lol, but was asleep by 8.30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Good work! What about tonight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    we took her with us to a wedding - she danced through the whole reception, and still didn't fall asleep in the car lol. So we did the routine after we got home (which was 11ish) and she was asleep by 11.30, so i'd say still successful just very late due to the special occasion...