+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Undies - out in the real world !!

DS (22 months) has been toilet training since 16months and barely has any accidents. Kindy are also trialling him with undies during nap time as he just about always wakes up dry. If I know he has just been to the toilet and I need to go out for half an hour I will leave him in his undies as he wee's every 2hours roughly, sometimes longer. BUT, I am SO nervous to go out for longer periods of time with no nappy on him. I feel, ill-prepared. Is that silly? If I keep an eye on the time and take him to the toilet without him even asking I can generally get him to wee anyway...but I'm worried I'll forget to watch the clock, or he will get distracted and forget to tell me he has to go or something silly that will end up in a big puddle of wee on the carpet in Target of something. Lol Am I loosing it? Someone tell me to get over it and start getting serious about this !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I first used to venture out with my kids in undies I used to pack lots of spare undies and clothes, wipes and make sure we visited a toilet every hour regardless of whether they needed to or not.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I used to take a terry-flat nappy with me plus a change of clothes, nappy sacks for wet clothes and a heap of wipes in case they had accidents. (DD would only need 1 terry flat to mop up an accidental wee but DS would have needed a sham-wow there was so much of it!) Of course on the one occasion I forgot this we were having breakfast out and DD did a wee in the chair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dds both trained early ish too. Dd2 is now 22 months, and I don't carry anything with us now. But, if I knew I'd be out for a while a couple of months ago, I'd carry a terry cloth nappy to mop up a potential accident, plastic bag, baby wipes, and clean knickers. And I then constantly say, " remember to tell mummy if you need a wee!"

If you're concerned maybe you could set a reminder alarm on your phone? About 1.45 after you go out, find a bathroom and take him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Mumma Needs a Wine  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As above - use an alarm, take something to mop up accidents and a few change of clothes. We went out today with training pants on, instead of huggies, to a friend's house and I kept a close eye on the clock. Every hour I took him to use their potty (doesn't use the toilet yet) and we came home dry - YAY!

Wanted to add that my boy can also hold for two hours, and he proved it to me the other day when we were out 8.30 - 10.30 and I was sure he would have an accident. Turns out it's *ME* that can't hold for two hours, so that's probably why I don't trust him to go for that long!
    Last edited by debsch; 25-03-2014 at 22:15.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

Mumma Needs a Wine  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I know that I am going to be out for a little while, I just pack a few changes of clothes, wipes, plastic bags and undies. I take DD to the toilet every hour, even if she doesn't ask, to hopefully avoid any accidents.

I used to put her in a pull-up, but she just used it like a nappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. An alarm is a great idea too!

It 's definitely in my head, but I guess no one wants to be in that awkward situation really do they.

Everything that you have all said is exactly what I have been doing so I feel much more reassured that I am in fact prepared and ready to allow him some more freedom. He always remains dry in his pull ups so I'll be giving undies a shot properly this weekend.

You are all amazing at reassuring my silly worries, thank you