+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    Does it help them grow if you are on bedrest? I.e. do they grow more the less you move? Did your ob ever tell you how bedrest/your movement affects babys growth? Id be interested to know!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I have no idea! Could be total coincidence that the growth rate has stabilized.

My ob just advised resting as much as possible - we know each other through work and she knows I'm pretty active at work and otherwise usually. She didn't state strict bed rest, however I'm pretty much on self-imposed house arrest apart from kindy drop offs etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had an IUGR baby at 27+2 weeks
    Born at 597 grams (size of 22-23 Weeker)
    He was falling of the growth charts from 16 weeks. However once out he thrived in the weight department, until now where at 10 months (7 corrected) he is only 5.7 kg however he is as bright as a button, just tiny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    I have no idea! Could be total coincidence that the growth rate has stabilized.

My ob just advised resting as much as possible - we know each other through work and she knows I'm pretty active at work and otherwise usually. She didn't state strict bed rest, however I'm pretty much on self-imposed house arrest apart from kindy drop offs etc.
    Thanks! Maybe it was coincidence lol. Thought there might have been a reason behind it. Good to know tho!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby is still small and now scraping into 8th percentile. He's just tiny apparently but growth scans will continue fortnightly. Don't get where this little gene comes from because my husband and I were not that small as babies and are pretty regular sized people now! Not sure what will happen with these fortnightly scans if he doesn't grow much more really. I feel like he's not getting enough to eat or something so when he's out I hope to fatten him up and get him growing. Going to meet with my Ob tomorrow to talk about the action plan for here on out so see what happens. My nausea is through the roof and I'm relying on Zofran to keep my meals down, think my body is just over being pregnant now. Are there shakes or something I can drink to give him a nutrient kick??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont know too much about it but from what I know they will monitor the growth by scans and if it slows or isnt growing enough u might get induced early. Its nothing to be too worried about as long as they are monitoring. I think the idea behind inducing early is u can give them more nutrients when they are born rather than in ur tummy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry but I have no experience with this. I hope the doctor calls you soon and you get some answers. Stay healthy, you and your baby!