+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maternity pjs?

I got lots of maternity clothes from asos a while ago but have been managing in tshirts and non maternity pjs for sleep. 31 weeks think it's time for decent pjs maybe breastfeeding friendly but don't want to spend too much $$$
    Any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think any pjs with a button up top a couple of sizes bigger perhaps would be perfect

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I agree. Any tops with buttons are fine for breast feeding pjs. In the early days after my 1st was born I was wearing those feeding singlets with the clips at night as I leaked a lot and needed to wear breast pads at night. Once my supply settled I switched to button up. Now (been breast feeding over 2 years) I just wear a bigger shirt and pull it down to feed as I got annoyed with buttons!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad I clicked on this, I was starting to think about pjs and stuff to take to hospital for on the ward after baby and was just planning on getting some of those big oversized sleep shirts and leggings but that sure won't work for breast feeding. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely anything with easy to open buttons or can be pulled down to get your boob out! I never bought specific maternity/nursing ones, just ones with plenty of room. Anything cheap you don't mind getting covered in milk or baby sick.

And re. PJs for hospital, I always prefer nighties as you'll be bleeding after and found it better when sitting in bed to have a nightie I could pull up from under my bum so when the pad inevitably leaked or nurse wanted to check (post emergency c section for #1 and post surgery to repair bad tearing for #2) they could do this easily and no staining. Pj bottoms would not have worked for me at all, especially with a catheter if necessary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wore cheap drawstring pj pants from Kmart in plain black when I was in hospital with a breast feeding singlet & cardigan.

Kinda felt like I was getting dressed each day but with all the comfort after my c-section

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes a nightie with buttons is better as I had an emergence c section and the waistband from any pants would have rubbed on the wound.

Also knickers a size bigger helped too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I wore yoga pants and breastfeeding singlets with a light cardigan over the top if I was cool with all three of mine (two VBs and one c-section)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had dd in summer and I had a nightie that had a V neck, it was bigger to fit over my bump and the arms stayed up but were loose enough to slip off over the shoulder. In hospital I wore cheap Kmart maternity bras but once at home and I barely had any milk anyway I just wore pads in my nightie. Not sure about this time it will be August for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big W have a great range of Maternity pj's and very affordable, comfy pants and feeding a tops, feeding singlets and 3/4 pants and pretty but practical feeding nighties, so something for everyone.