+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maternity jeans sizing help please

I'm currently 27 weeks pregnnat and have been holding off on buying maternity jeans until te weather cools a little cooler & I'm abit bigger but i believe it's now time to get some maternity jeans. Pre pregnancy, I was size 12 and started wearing an old pair of 14's late first trimester.

I tried on a pair of 12's and 14's at both Just Jeans & Jeans West today but I'm not sure which ones I'd be best getting. I'll give a run down on each pair and if any lovely ladies are able to offer advice on your own preferences/sizing experiences it would be much appreciated.

- Just Jeans 14's - too big, out of the question.
    - Just Jeans 12's - really liked these but didn't fit super snugly around the crotch.
    - Jeans West 14's - looked good on but were a little loose around the top of legs & crotch. Also, the belly band wasn't snug fitting at all, it just kind of hung all saggy like at the top.
    - Jeans West 12's - were quite snug to pull on but were the best fit of all. The belly band fit well.

I'm not sure if the belly band is something I'll love or hate and am I better off getting the 12's that are already snug and hoping I don't expand too much apart from my tummy, or do I go a little bigger and into the 14's? Honestly, I think I liked the style of the JJ better but the not so well fitting crotch has kind of put me off.
    Also, I am very short so I'll either have to get them taken up or will need to order the JW in a short length (which I fear still may be too long).

I don't spend a lot of $$ on clothes usually and don't want to pay any more than $70 or so on mat jeans. Alot of the online options I've seen are $100+ per pair which is out of the question (esp as tailoring the length will need to be added). I can get 2 JJ for $100 or 2 JW for $109.
    Last edited by GBA85; 25-03-2014 at 15:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go the Jeans West 12's that fit well - you will find they will probably stretch a little with wear anyway, so if you get any of the others that are saggy in the crutch they will only get worse. The stretchy band should accommodate your growing belly. I got a really nice pair of mat jeans from Pumpkin Patch. They had a nice firm stretchy band, but it wasn't one that went right up the belly, it sat below my belly button. They were reasonably priced too - around $40 or $50 from memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Might have to check out the PP ones too. I did see that Target had them but figured for $50, I'd be better getting JW or JJ but I might also try on the Target ones and just see how I feel about them on.
    It's mostly the how much will I grow/will they end up being too small that makes the decision hard for me but I guess that's not really somthing that anyone can predict.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had target ones in the past and I find them to last really well. They don't seem to stretch out of shape either.