+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Out weeing night nappies, suggestions?

DS almost 6 has night wetting. He has only had a handful of dry nights in his life. We are under the care of a continence nurse and pead for chronic constipation and now the night wetting.

The nurse has put us on a program to try and increase his low bladder capacity by having him drink more during the day (he already drinks like a fish) and try to hold before eventually going to the toilet.

All good in theory. Except now he is out wetting his night nappies. Almost every night.

We use the baby love sleepy nights range, for 18 - 35kg. He is only 20kg.

Help?! He is waking up distressed finding himself in a puddle of wee (I use a brolley sheet under him also).

Any advice/suggestions on brands/anything would be appreciated.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Put 2 nappies on at once. Punch holes in the outer layer of the first nappy with a fork and put a bigger nappy over the top. I've not had to do it myself but I have heard of others doing this with some success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use disposable inserts in my sons night nappy. It would be similar to wearing two nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used the DryNites pj pants and found them the best for my ds. But when he started weeing out of them I was at a loss so we went to a continence paed and got him a bedwetting alarm. He went from wetting the bed EVERY night to no more bedwetting within a few days (still wearing pullups with the alarm, so he was waking before soaking the bed which was great. Then by about 4 weeks he was dry completely most nights.

So, if you haven't tried a bedwetting alarm it might be worth a try. Otherwise speak to the continence nurse and she should be able to help you with recommendations of products to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are the nappies too big?