+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off the Pill

Hi there - I've just come off the pill (5 days) and I've started having some killer headaches.

For those ladies who stopped taking the pill before TTC, did you get some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms? What were they and what did you do to overcome them?

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also got headaches when I first came off the pill. They lasted for a week or so and then left for good (thankfully)! I survived by taking panadol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CountryLovin For This Useful Post:

MrsKLM  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been off the pill since Late November now, after being on it for almost 20 years , the only side affect I had was getting a lot of pimples, not headaches. But I was warned about headaches. I have been getting headaches on and off the last couple of weeks though - I never get headaches. So it must be a hormonal thing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrumbleBee For This Useful Post:

MrsKLM  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on the pill for 11 years. The only thing was I now get bad period pain (naprogesic helped) whereas it had never been an issue before. I thought it might take awhile falling pregnant as I had been on it for so long but I fell the next month!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

MrsKLM  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!
    @LittleMissSunshine - you fell the next month?! How amazing! We'll be TTC in the second half of this year as I need to wait out the 12 month PHI waiting period. Fx we don't have too much difficulty!

For now I'm just drinking lots of water. Headaches are worse in the morning so I've been waking up and taking 2, then lying in bed till the pain goes away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!
    @LittleMissSunshine - you fell the next month?! How amazing! We'll be TTC in the second half of this year as I need to wait out the 12 month PHI waiting period. Fx we don't have too much difficulty!

For now I'm just drinking lots of water. Headaches are worse in the morning so I've been waking up and taking 2, then lying in bed till the pain goes away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After 10 years on the pill I has terrible headaches, skin breakouts, terrible dreams and restlessness sleep just awful

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    After 10 years on the pill I has terrible headaches, skin breakouts, terrible dreams and restlessness sleep just awful

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh no Nattie! I went on the pill to control hormonal acne so I'm hoping I can control it! I have noticed a few bumps but I thinks that's more to do with my skin being dehydrated rather than to do with coming off the pill!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After 2 weeks of being off the pill I had severe pregnancy-like symptoms up until my period arrived. Jury is still out as to whether I had a chemical miscarriage, but after some research I realised that pregnancy like symptoms can occur after discontinuing the pill. If you are TTC straight away its very confusing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had headaches constantly while I was on the pill (17 years) I just never connected the two together. When I went off the pill about a week later when I should have started taking it again I got a massive migraine. It kept me on bed for two days it was horrendous. I haven't had a headache since that wasn't self inflicted from to much wine lol.....