+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LOL yes, our was due to settle last Nov, only settled earlier this month!! We expected this though. Our contract allowed for 18 months to settle on their part I think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    Oh and just a side note, if you are buying land that hasn't titled yet, take their estimated title date and add 4-8 months onto that date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    LOL yes, our was due to settle last Nov, only settled earlier this month!! We expected this though. Our contract allowed for 18 months to settle on their part I think it was.
    see we weren't expecting it, so we sold our house in Dec, moved in with the in laws in Jan, expecting the land to title in Feb but it didn't title til NOVEMBER!!!!! In this time we had a surprise pregnancy (DD), and ended up living with the in laws for almost two years (and a new bub) and by the end our relationship was almost decimated!!! Hahaha I look back now and laugh but it was terrible at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no that's terrible!!!
    We put the land under contract back in June or so. Then stuffed around designing new house instead of getting current house ready to sell - so here we are paying off our land as well now, but haven't sold our house, can't start building until we do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a fine balancing act isn't it? Exciting times though. I loved picking all my colours! Can't believe we are building again (not in an estate this time though) - we must be crazy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So you hold land, then they muck around ? Do you pay deposit at hold stage and then balance at settlement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our land required a lot of earthworks before it was ready for sale. The whole section of the estate was very sloped, they flattened it out, fenced to parkland, put in roads and lights etc. We signed the contract back in June (it has to be unconditional - no finance clause even) and then when all the work was completed we settled (March). We paid a $5000 deposit to hold it. If you were to buy a block of land in the estate that was ready to go you would be able to avoid this mucking around I think.

Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    So you hold land, then they muck around ? Do you pay deposit at hold stage and then balance at settlement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something to consider thanks delay actually works for us as it means we can save more $$$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gives you time to work out your house design too.
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Something to consider thanks delay actually works for us as it means we can save more $$$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    see we weren't expecting it, so we sold our house in Dec, moved in with the in laws in Jan, expecting the land to title in Feb but it didn't title til NOVEMBER!!!!! In this time we had a surprise pregnancy (DD), and ended up living with the in laws for almost two years (and a new bub) and by the end our relationship was almost decimated!!! Hahaha I look back now and laugh but it was terrible at the time.
    Oh my - we've *just* sold our current home and move out next month in with my inlaws and our land is supposed to be titled in May then start the building in June with a 6-8 month build time - I don't think I'd last much longer with them than that 😳😳😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CocktailBubba View Post
    Oh my - we've *just* sold our current home and move out next month in with my inlaws and our land is supposed to be titled in May then start the building in June with a 6-8 month build time - I don't think I'd last much longer with them than that ���������������� �
    well for your sake just pray that it titles when they say it will! Look we would have been ok if we hadn't have introduced a newborn into the mix. DHs parents house is a small 2 bed weatherboard and so we were all on top of each other with a colicky bub. No place to retreat to for peace and quiet in that house - it was hard for them and I understand that. Also we had two dogs and they are not dog people, so every time a dog barked or made any dog like noises it would stress them out