+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Separation anxiety 15mth old!!

How did you get through it with your bub and Would daycare help?
    ds is 15mths and will not let me out of his sight. However he is fine with my mum/mil who he see's maybe once a month or longer (and I'm able to escape!).
    it is getting beyond rediculous. He won't let other people even talk to him. He just bursts out crying and comes looking for me.
    when I leave him with dh, he is fine. When I return, even after 20mins, he will be happily playing, see me then start balling and pulling at me to pick him up.
    he is a mummy's boy. Always wanting my constant attention, always wanting to be on my hip, all day long.
    My poor dd, gets bitten by him if she is seen cuddling me. It's quite full on.
    he comes along to playgroup and play dates but clings to me the whole time and grizzles.
    He has been like this for a while. I can't remember the last time I could put him down for a moment because my arm is numb.

What the hell do I do?!
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 24-03-2014 at 19:03.

Hey LMM, that is tough... And tiring I bet. I don't have a whole lot of answers for you but I find that DD (20 months) goes in and out of clingy phases- but perhaps not as much as your DS... Little munchkin loves his mum! Daycare might help, DD is better now that she is going 2ce a week, but you would have to feel really comfortable about your choice. Good luck - I mostly just wanted to say that!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ricecracker For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (24-03-2014)