+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Do your kids walk outside without shoes on?

I don't mean out in public, but like out in your back yard? I don't see a problem with it, my DD is 14 months and just beginning to walk and I don't think it's really necessary to put shoes on her all the time, especially when we're at home.

Anyway MIL keeps insisting that she has to wear shoes or she'll get bitten by ants. Fair enough, I worry about that too but I'm always supervising and if I notice ants I just move her away. What do you think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My 2 year old hates shoes. It is a massive fight to get him to wear shoes anywhere...so yes, he goes outside at home and in my parents yard with no shoes. It's not worth the tantrum!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My DS1 goes barefoot unless there are prickles in the grass. My DS2 wont go outside without shoes on because he is terrified of grass for some reason.

TBH I am not worried about ant bites om their feet, even though DS2 has been bitten dozens of times at once by green ants all over his body - it only happened cos he sat on a nest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nup, it's better for their developing feet to be without shoes, obviously within reason. My kids wear shoes.or.not, although as we live on acerage, if they go past the house area bit I do try to get them too as we have snakes and whatnot.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL is like that too, makes me feel like a bad parent, but sock n shoes on to go in out backyard is just ridiculous in my opinion for our situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids wear sandals or shoes when outside the house. I have a pet hate of being outside without shoes and then tracking dirt inside.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If its somewhere I would walk without shoes, like our backyard or the beach then it's fine for the kids not to wear shoes. Footpaths, shopping centre's or anywhere else, yes they have to wear shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD always wears shoes outside, I've never forced the issue but she HAS to wear shoes.... It's defiantly not from me cause I only wear shoes outside if there near the door

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    My 2 year old hates shoes. It is a massive fight to get him to wear shoes anywhere...so yes, he goes outside at home and in my parents yard with no shoes. It's not worth the tantrum!!!
    Exactly this!!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have an astronomical amount of bindys in the yard so yes they definitely wear shoes.