+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you lose your pregnancy weight?

So tomorrow it will be a month since I had DD and im looking to lose this extra weight I gained.
    First pregnancy my pre pregnancy weight was 58kg I gained 20kg and by the time I fell pregnant again 14 months later I was 70kg and I have not weighed myself since. Im guessing I might be about 80kg or so.
    I want to lose around 15kg. I have never exercised really apart from running and walking as I have always been rather thin and never gained much weight so where exactly do I start? I dont want to join a gym as I have a 2 year old as well as a baby I have to look after.
    What worked well for you that showed good results?

Sent from my C1504 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't get down to pre baby weight till DD was 17 months old. I started calorie counting when she was around 9 months old and I wasn't too worried my supply would drop heaps. So in 8 months I went from 84 down to 70kgs. I didn't 100% stick to it though so could have done it faster. So I would definitely recommend calorie counting, I didn't do any exercise apart from walking 2 or 3 times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Basically running after a high energy toddler all day, breast feeding a very hungry baby, constantly having to be rocking or moving to get the baby to sleep.
    No time for gym, too tired! I was pretty much buring a lot of calories with my day to day stuff anyways! Toddlers are hard work! I put on 20kgs and started loosing it straight away. 1-2kgs per day after the initial 10kgs after bub was born.
    i didn't watch what I ate, I was always hungry from bfing. Tried to eat more protein and drink more water tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi fluffy, congrats on your new baby. I was similar to you- about 56/57kg before kids, and about 70kg 8mths after having my third. The weight just didn't come off... So, I did 2 weightloss challenges on bubhub (6 weeks then another 6 weeks) and found the support from the girls was excellent. For me, it was mainly diet- I would say 85% diet. I cut my portions right down and ate out of a small coffee cup for portion control- ditched the usual things like processed carbs and made lots of veg soups and protein/veg for dinner as well as yoghurt etc. The first few weeks really hurt- I was hungry and missed the sugar etc... but I kept at it and my body got used to the smaller portions and real food. I did do some walking, but didn't set foot in a gym. I also didn't count calories, some people find that very useful, I just tried to stick to normal/ healthy foods. 17kgs all up is what I lost (over about 15 weeks in total). It took a big effort, but you can do it! I feel like my body is back to normal now. I wasn't breastfeeding though, so I really went for it, and my youngest was older than your wee bub. When DH got home, I would quickly run out for a walk/jog, even for 10mins to get my heartrate up, then I would walk up and down the stairs 10 or 20 times. Going to the gym would have been impossible for me too... I also have 3 kg weights at home for some arm toning. All the best x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

zooey  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was about 58kgs too when I fell pregnant with DS1. I put on about 20 kgs during the pregnancy. I think I got down to about 64kgs when I fell pregnant with DS2. So I found myself weighing about 80kgs with a twelve month old a newborn. With no time or money for the gym, I bought a jogging pram with my tax return (a BOB duallie) and we hit the pavement. I calorie counted a but too, but found over Christmas it was too hard to stick too. The boys and I love our walks, and we go with daddy too after work when we can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got back to pre-preg weight (around 57kg) by controlling portion sizes & cutting out the cr@p (I gained around 12-13kg with both pregs). I was part of the 2 6 week weight loss challenges littleriv was, and the support was fantastic . I started when DS2 was about 4 or 6 weeks old and I was bf'ing so I didn't restrict my diet too much, just ate healthily & drank plenty of water. I found it hard to get back into exercise with a newborn & a toddler, so it was pretty much all diet. When I could I went for a walk with baby in carrier & toddler in pram, or I would run for 30-45mins on my treadmill, but my exercise wasn't consistent. My losses were about 500g per week, so it was pretty slow, but steady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost the pregnancy weight the first time around my counting calories and trying to stick to around 1500 per day.

The second time around I lost the pregnancy weight by eating low carb.

I found the low carb method so much easier than counting calories. I wasn't as hungry and didn't do much exercise, just walking with the pram and the weight came off quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Under consultation with a dietitian, I had to go dairy and soy free to continue breastfeeding my 2 youngest who were intolerant.
    Both times I was within 1kg of my pre-pregnancy weight by my post-natal check up. But I wouldn't recommend cutting out entire food groups without the advice of a professional.
    Portion control, light exercise (walking) and healthy food choices helped me lose my pre- pregnancy weight after my first was born. It just took a bit longer than going dairy and soy free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost mine by breastfeeding and going for a run each day once id recovered from labour (stitches etc) my bub hated a pram so i could never take him so used to go when Dh was home, run, jog or brisk walk will not only help with burning calories but also help give you some breathing space to yourself, if your too tired to jog even a slow walk will help just get out of the door. I watched what i ate too not very strict but i was mindful. Don't put stress on yourself by setting a strict goal as having a newborn is hard but make little changes. Good luck and be kind to yourself x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost way too much weight because of PND and was very underweight, so I when I got better I was focused on putting on weight. One thing that helped me was putting all the food I needed to eat for the day in a box. Could you do something similar and make sure it's all healthy stuff in there to eat? I'm terrible with snacking on rubbish rather than healthy options.

The Michelle bridges 12 week body challenge also has a breastfeeding plan that a friend is doing. She really likes it and doesn't find it too demanding with the 3little ones she has.

All the best! It's really difficult to fit exercise in around little ones so don't be hard on yourself if it takes a while.